Only If I Stopped Him

Only If I Stopped Him

A Poem by Amy

Bottled up inside are the words that were never said, the song with no tune, the lines that were never read.

A friend he was until you got lost. Well when you screw up, you always pay the cost.

A loud smash of thunder, "I'm sorry" he writes, "Please don't hate me or you'll ruin my life."

You turn away and draw back in fear, his voice is what haunts you, it's him that you hear.

He has now shunned you, not once but now twice.

How could his heart be as cold as ice?

You leave him now, ignoring what he has to say.

You then run home, and to God you pray.

You cry so hard that your eyes turn red, you hold your breath, and crawl into bed.

The doorbell rings, who is it now?

You open the door, and it's him. But how?

He kisses you hard, before you have a chance to say a word,

"It's you that I want!" were the words that you heard.

You slap his face and turn away. He has used me, you have nothing to say.

You tell him to leave, you push him out the door.

There is a tear in his eye, his heart feels so sore.

You open the door and reflect on what he has said.

Only to see that he is holding a gun to his head.

Tears stream down your face, and you can't believe what he says,

"If you don't love me, I'd rather be dead."

Before you can say anything the door slams itself shut, then locks, the trigger gets pulled, and you hear a gun shot.

You open your door, your throat wells tight, how could he kill himself? "NO, this isn't right!"

You run to his body, kiss him and say, "Stop playing games, I love you, okay?!"

No response but his blood runs cold, for you will no longer have him to hold.

You hate yourself for not making him stop.

How could this be? He loved me a lot...

Suicide is one of the number one things that is hard to detect,

and with great sadness we find ourselves responsible, with horrible regret.

© 2008 Amy


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent write. Suicide is a tragic thing and this piece was very well written.
Great work.
-E.M.R

Posted 15 Years Ago


Okay Amy, I do NOT know wtf you were thinking about to actually write about suicide.
Dont even think about it!
However this has so much emotion, I loved it!
It's almost like, this guy loves you so much he would die for you.
I know which man your talking about lol! ; ]



Posted 15 Years Ago


Suicide is a terrible thing ...I know, I had to live through something similar to this years ago. I do hope this is just your muse. If not my thoughts and prayers go out to you as this is so hard to deal with. You penned this poem well with heartfelt raw emotions...the imagery SUPERB.....thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You pulled me in really fast! I enjoyed this a lot...very sad though.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Good write, it really sucked me in...Sad, very very sad.... kinda messed with my head.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 16, 2008
Last Updated on November 10, 2008

Author

Amy
Amy

Canada.



About
Hello, my name is Amy. 22 years old. I'm a strong, independent, free thinking person. I don't have to see the world through the same eyes as everybody else. I have my own opinions. I can use my .. more..

Writing
Invisible Invisible

A Poem by Amy


Calling Calling

A Poem by Amy


Caught Caught

A Poem by Amy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..