The Rapture

The Rapture

A Story by Jennifer
"

I work so much, I think I will miss this to.

"
     I am sure it will happen one day while I am away. When I am home, the world is silent and does not want to play. When I am working, the world seems to go astray. 
     I can see it happening now. You wait and see. I have missed meteor showers and full moons. I nearly missed ringing in the New Year or celebrating Independence Day. I have missed out on movies for the past five years. I missed many events that are important in my life.
     I can see myself missing the rapture. It could happen when people least expect it. The rapture is not an event to be predicted, mind you. It would be like that phrase, Jesus is coming act like your working! 
     I will be at work that day. It will be chaos. I will not notice it for a while. Just a normal day at work. I receive a phone call and the line goes silent after a few minutes. The call may have dropped. 
     I receive another call, nobody is there. Maybe it was a ghost call. I receive another call. The caller is infuriated because the hold time was so long. I apologize and the conversation is over. I get another call and another. Nobody is on the other line or the call ends all of a sudden. Is something wrong with the que? 
     I look around and notice that most of my associates are missing. We are chatting in the messenger on the computer. Everyone is losing phone calls or nobody is on the line. The hold time is longer and longer. I leave my desk to go to break.
     As I am passing a desk, I hear someone talking. "Hello? Hello?" The headset is sitting on the desk and nobody is there to answer. I pass another desk and I hear the same thing. 
     I notice only a few of us are at work to accept any calls. I go to the desk where my boss normally sits. She is not there. Was she gone for the day? No, nobody even knew that she left. 
     I notify the remaining team members. We all stand up and leave our station. As we walk through the building, the phones are ringing. As we found a boss on duty, we determine that the rapture had just begun. 
     

© 2012 Jennifer


Author's Note

Jennifer
A little snippet from what I am working on.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
Added on August 9, 2012
Last Updated on August 9, 2012
Tags: the end of the world, call center

Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer