Liberry

Liberry

A Story by Jennifer
"

The long lost quiet place.

"

     I am baffled by the use of technology of today. I read news reports of people who are in trouble with the law because they downloaded or uploaded music for free. How different was accessing entertainment when I was a child?

     I try to conduct research online and all I see is garbage. Nothing but wikis and people trying to sell things. I went to college and they had an online library, but it was still useless. What is so different? I thought that research was different back when I was young. I could go to the library and read old magazine articles. I learned about music artists by reading Rolling Stone at the library.

     Whatever happened to that? Where did things change? I lost touch with the physical world when I purchased my laptop. I lost touch with this quiet world when I made friends with people who went to the bar almost every day.  

     I had long forgotten my sanctuary. The very place where I could pick up a book instead of downloading it. The very place that had a movie when I could not rent it anywhere. The place I would go when I could not afford to pay for music or movies.

     Most people who remember arrive to this oasis. This is the perfect place to go in this economy. This is the true source of free music, movies, and literature. It is free. The one word that is cherished.

     You do not have to pay for a membership. The only catch is that you must turn the items in on time. When time is running low...it can be renewed! What a concept!

     Oh library! How I missed you so!

© 2012 Jennifer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
Added on August 18, 2012
Last Updated on August 18, 2012
Tags: library, books, free entertainment

Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer