The Devil's Sludge

The Devil's Sludge

A Story by Jennifer
"

What gave us the gumption?

"

     A wave of cold fog covered the earth. Something evil had broken free and spread from continent to continent. All the spirit needed was a vulnerable soul. A vulnerable soul indeed. The vulnerable soul was found in Polynesia. The spirit crept inside. Slowly it seeped into the hearts of beings and made itself comfortable.

     The spirit encouraged the soul to act like a beast. No rules of any faith would have stopped it. Since it was not considered immoral, this vicious deed was easy to commit. The spirit possessed the soul and made it creep along the continents. The objective was to crush the kindred spirit of the indigenous soul.

     Once it arrived on the soil of Africa, the mission was carried out. Join or die. Obey or die. Violence ensued. Innocent lives were torn away one by one. The spirit acted as a virus, spreading from one innocent soul to the next. Tribes were kidnapped, murdered, and raped.

     The spirit spread faster and faster. From one culture to the next. More and more gave into this treachery. It spread to Spain like a wildfire. Spain spread the disease to a new continent.

     More tribes perished one by one. The spirit took delight in each tribe that was defeated. More cultures flocked to the land. The virus the spirit had created increased in strength. More tribes were kidnapped from Africa. The population of slaves was higher than the white population. The spirit had grown strong enough to overwhelm the enslaved population.

     People fought against the spirit and eliminated the slavery. The hateful torture continued. As though the free had a choice to be on this land, the torture and murder carried on. The hate spread like a virus. Much to the spirits pleasure, crosses were burned and people were hung after a speedy trial.

     Laws that never should have existed carried on the treachery. Even though the laws were abolished, they linger in a subtle manner. The evil thoughts of the spirit fester. They fester and hate continued.

     The hate spread through Europe. Those who practiced Judaism were murdered. Chinese were murdered. The evil overwhelmed the minds of the Japanese calling these human beings, "logs." Buddhists are tortured and murdered. The evil burns and spreads through the globe and never stops.

     Genocide, genocide for every race and creed. Murder by the millions. What seemed so innocent grew into an immoral monster.

    

 

© 2012 Jennifer


Author's Note

Jennifer
Possible beginning for a new chapter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
Added on November 10, 2012
Last Updated on November 10, 2012
Tags: hate, racism, slavery, Jim Crow, genocide

Author

Jennifer
Jennifer

Las Vegas, NV



About
I have been writing stories since the first grade and published a couple of stories on Biblioboard. I earned an Associates degree in Communication Arts at University of Phoenix. You can also find .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennifer


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Jennifer