She hates me

She hates me

A Story by MyaLavi

Alice

  I marched up the tall, wet stairs leading up to the school bus. I think the bus driver said something to me, but my own thoughts in my own little world have proven that they're able to block the outside world from coming in. I gave him a weak smile and sat down in the first empty seat I saw. It was further back than I wanted, my hands immediately started shaking. I could feel eyes on me, staring at my wild black hair, or maybe my glistening lavender necklace that I just didn't have the guts to take off. I ignored the whispers, or maybe they weren't whispers. The sounds of the bus was muted in my ears, my thoughts were muted. I didn't want to think. I glanced out the window and let my eyes fall upon an unknown scenery, a new scenery. Rows of perfect little houses, where women cooked and men read the morning paper. Children willingly walking their dogs on the safely paved sidewalks, and mini vans and SVU's parked in every driveway. Their lives whipping by, without even a thought of how much time their wasting. Ah, time, what a stupid thing, what I wouldn't give to be in complete ignorance. I heard a voice a few seats behind me say Carly, and I shoved my headphones into my ears. I didn't turn them on though, I wanted to hear what they said. I've been so occupied with my own sadness, she wasn't the first thing on my mind, it's been a long time since Carly wasn't the only thing I had to think about. I squeezed my eyes shut in an attempt to forget her, she hates me.

Carly

  I didn't go on the bus today, I couldn't force myself out of bed in time. My limbs were heavy, my legs weighing tons and my arms seemingly dragging on the ground. I thought my neck would crack under the pressure of my pounding headache, it was as if something was banging against the sides of my head. I pulled the branches in the forest up and out of my way, trying to get to school in time, and something caught my eye. A small, purple flower was pushing it's way up through the ground and breathing in the crisp October air. I tried to stop myself but it was too late, a vision of Alice floated into my vision. Her elegant, wavy hair coating her shoulders and streaking across her face. Her smile gleaming brighter than that beautiful necklace, the exact shade of lavender as the flower. I saw her eyes in my head, I felt her skin on my hands, I miss her. I miss her so much. The crack of a branch snapped me out of my wistful trance as I whisked myself around to see a stag, proud and tall standing behind me. It froze, as did I. It soon ran off, reminding me I had school, it was Wednesday. I bent down and plucked the flower from the cold ground, and ocean of rotting leaves surrounding it. I tucked it behind my ear, brushing my straight, short brown hair out of the way. I turned around and headed back towards my house, I couldn't bear to see Alice today. Besides, she hates me.

© 2017 MyaLavi


Author's Note

MyaLavi
this was a quick write up and i havent quite decided if i like it yet haha

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on April 4, 2017
Last Updated on April 4, 2017

Author

MyaLavi
MyaLavi

Canada



About
Hey I'm Mya, I can't tell you much about myself, I'll tell you all I can though. Age doesn't matter so we can leave that part out. I love writing and even though I doubt I'll pursue it as a career .. more..

Writing
Alice's Note Alice's Note

A Story by MyaLavi