All That Was Needed

All That Was Needed

A Story by A. Rose

          She looked into his eyes, which at one point would have been a dark emerald green, but now, as he was slipping away, were a light shade of gray. She held his hand tightly.

          "I won't let go," she said squeezing his hand. Her other hand was running through his light brown hair. When she had first met him, never could she have thought this would be how her relationship with him would end. She fought back tears. She began twisting his wedding ring on his left hand.

          The nurse had left earlier saying their was nothing else they could do. But despite what the nurse said or thought, she knew there was more she could do. Maybe the nurse couldn't but she could. Friends and family drifted in and out offering her their sympathy while she sat there, a strong willed twenty-five year old woman, by her husband.

          He looked at her. She could see he was struggling. She tried to make him relax but he refused to listen.

          "I love you," he gasped falling back onto his pillow for the last time. He was there and then he was gone. She knew he left knowing that she did more than anyone else could have. She had sat there for weeks faithfully loving him every second of every day. She had done all that was needed. At that, the strong willed twenty-five year old widow wept.

© 2009 A. Rose


Author's Note

A. Rose
I dont know why I wrote this, it just seemed very moving to me

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a moving write here, beautiful as well.
Very well written.


Posted 14 Years Ago


this story was great! you blew my mind, i mean it was juz so powerful, i love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is really well-written, really moved me. Spoke VOLUMES, Rose, volumes. So well-written--I loved how you showed us her love for him. Really well done. I could not offer any criticisms at this point.

~Scott

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
This hits straight in the middle of the heart. Very moving to me as well. It reflects what true love is...the I do until death do us part! Excellent, though it is short!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is moving and shows what love is about... being there till the end no matter what. Very bittersweet write but a lesson to all in what love really means.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very sweet...well done. :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It is very moving, but I think you could go into more detail about those feelings and make it even more memoriable. Still, either/or, it is a good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


aw, this is horribly sad and makes me very very sad! but you're right it is moving, you and me should write a collection of love stories, they don't all have to be happy

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

435 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2009
Last Updated on October 24, 2009

Author

A. Rose
A. Rose

Walkin on Sunshine



About
Hi! For some reason my other account won't let me sign in, so I had to make a new one. My other account name is Mitji. So hi to my old friends and my new ones. I am a big reader and big music listener.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by A. Rose


The Rose The Rose

A Book by A. Rose


Forever His Forever His

A Poem by A. Rose



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..