The man's last verse

The man's last verse

A Poem by midnight reaper

A man, alone and again crying sits with a drink in hand. 
A drink that smells like whiskey people would say as they walk by.
A man alone takes a swig, his face only shows sadness with bags beneath his eyes being so dark and deep and his eyes were also worn by the many hours of crying and many days of worrying.
The man tells the nice woman who ventured close to him and sat down on the couch in his booth his story spilling his secrets just to keep her there, to keep a fleeting hope of once a time where he shall not be alone.
The man tells the nice woman who sits now comfortably that he hates his job and life seems to be merciless pounding him to the ground any chance it gets. 
Lost his job but now is bouncing back and forth he would say but his voice began to tremble as he begins to say that it gets hard cause his wife left him and took the kids back to New York and family never seemed to be there because they all thought he was just a disgrace.
The man couldn't hold his voice straight and began to scream and cry as he grabbed for his half full glass and began drinking as much as he could before spitting and vomiting scaring the one person who sat next to him.
The man's eyes glaze over with despair as he realized his mistake and inside began to beg the woman which sat to stay but she does not answer and instead walks away quickly fearing him.
The man had it with the world he already did anyways and so with that, he slapped a twenty on the bar table for his cheap whiskey and honestly it was most of what he had left and he didn't care cause life would have taken it anyways.
The man mumbled to himself about how he was just a wreck with no control and no chance in life as he entered the bathroom and went into a stall and began to slam the walls crying and screaming of why him, just why him.
The man alone again reaches for his last resort a capsule full of sleeping pills.
The man thinks but has no thought for would anything change?
The man slams his fists into the wall and then kicking the dirty toilet that stands erected in front of his feet.
The man in pain screams and now is set for he doesn't want life to take anything anymore and with shaky hands, he reaches into his pocket and pulls out the capsule and takes every last pill and swallowed them with a bottle of beer he smuggled into his stall.
The man crying slumps defeated onto his death bed which was the toilet seat and awaits sleep.
As sleep comes there is only the darkness and life even then beat him to the punch and stole his last and best memories.
The man didn't care cause life can't chase him in his sleep and with this, it can't chase him forever now.
The man laughs and slumps over with his eyes finally seeing peace and on his face was a grin.
The man was finally at peace, finally stopped the noise which caused so much misery and with that finally the man's curtains close as he steps off the stage of life.

© 2017 midnight reaper


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

There was a very interesting concept here, but perhaps more use of descriptors and less over used words would make it better. Otherwise, the plot development was pretty good!

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Added on March 15, 2017
Last Updated on March 15, 2017