Glue and stitches

Glue and stitches

A Poem by Mai L Nissen
"

Don't know what it is about to be honest.

"

The glue that holds society together

The stitches that forces emotional lacerations together

Until the surface is healed

Band-Aid 

© 2016 Mai L Nissen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Hey Mai! I'm glad to see that you put some new stuff up! Got me all excited when I saw that you wanted me to check out the newer writes.

Anyway, this poem being short and to the point, gives me a sense of two possible meanings. The first meaning I perceive is that this may be a little metaphor for love. "A glue that holds society together/The stitches that forces emotional lacerations together..." kind of reminds me of love. Plus the last line simply being "Band-Aid" pushes this idea further. Love keeps society from tearing itself apart, stitches together the tears and waits out the surface healing. Much like a Band-Aid.

Other idea I have that could be a possible explanation about this piece: it's about a Band-Aid. Literally just a Band-Aid. They are literally just glue and stitches. Plus you can put them anywhere and most things will heal.

Thanks for sharing some stuff with us. It's good to see you're still writing. Seeing you put stuff up makes me want to get back to writing myself. Talk to you soon!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mai L Nissen

7 Years Ago

Hey james!
At the time of writing a lot of opposing thoughts and feeling were flying around .. read more
I agree dear Mai. Our world is held together by a Band-aid. Honest and true thoughts in the poetry. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Mai L Nissen

7 Years Ago

thank you for reading, Coyote! YOur thoughts are always appreciated :)
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 22, 2016
Last Updated on July 22, 2016
Tags: #glue, #society, #heal, #surface, #stiches

Author

Mai L Nissen
Mai L Nissen

Odense, Region Syddanmark, Denmark



About
I am 30 years old, a graduate student from Denmark, studying English (literature, history, linguistics) and Scientific Study of Religion. If you wish to befriend me, I would like you to read some .. more..

Writing
Murky Murky

A Poem by Mai L Nissen