Hermoine & Ron (Fan-Fiction)

Hermoine & Ron (Fan-Fiction)

A Story by Megan Marie

Hermoine was upset with the fact that no matter how much she loved Ron, it always seemed to go unnoticed. Why? She never knew. Was it because she wasn’t pretty enough? Did she not look like a good enough kisser? It made her sick to know that obviously Lavender did. Hermoine knew there were more important things to worry about than Ron’s approval of her looks and feelings, but she couldn’t help but feel insecure sometimes. She could figure out almost every riddle, understand every book, and ace every test, but why couldn’t she understand Ron? Why couldn’t she read him? 

Now Hermoine wasn’t the type to use Amortentia, even though she so desperately wanted Ron to muster up the courage and tell her how madly in love he was with her, but no matter how bad she did want that, she wanted it to happen on it’s own. By fate. A certain sort of magic that didn’t require a wand.

Hermoine took a seat in the Gryffindor common room when she saw Ron walk past her and he glanced at her quickly, but he seemed to be in a hurry so she didn’t bother to stop him. She stood up and gathered her things and thought maybe now would be a good time for studying, anything to help get her mind off Ron would be magnificent. As she was about to walk out the door she heard someone call out her name, to her surprise it was Ron. 

“Hermoine!”

“Y-yes..?” she stuttered.

“You dropped your potions book. Thinkin’ you might be needin’ that..on second that..maybe not. You probably have it all memorized.” Ron said with a chuckle.

How stupid she felt after that one. Getting her hopes up thinking he was actually going to talk to her. 


“Oh, right. Thanks.” 

There was so much disappointment in her voice she felt ashamed. She took the potions book out of Ron’s hand and hurried out the door and down the hall. She turned the corner and clutched the book to her chest trying her hardest not to cry. Out of all the things that were going on in her life she was so confused as to why Ron got underneath her skin the most. One thing she was good at though, was setting that aside. Masking it. Showing no hurt towards him, or anyone..though she was breaking inside. She took a couple breaths and wiped away her tears and continued walking somewhere, anywhere. Just to clear her mind. She took a seat on the steps of the castle. It really was so beautiful at Hogwarts, if only more people stopped and realized it. It wasn’t every day she was by herself. Normally Ron or Harry were right beside her trying to help defeat the evil that was so filled in each of their lives. It was difficult, being in love. Being in love and having to hide it. Being in love and having to save other people. Being in love with someone who didn’t much notice you the way you noticed them. Being in love with your best friend. Hermoine was so lost in thought she almost didn’t notice the person sitting beside her. It was Harry.

“Goodness Harry, you startled me!” 

“I’m sorry..I didn’t mean too. I noticed you were sitting alone and you looked so deep in thought I didn’t want to interrupt you, so I just sat beside you..are you alright?

Was she alright?  No she wasn’t alright. She was anything but. 

“Yeah, I’ll be okay.” she murmured sternly.  

They both sat there for what seemed like hours. It was quiet, and nice. She didn’t remember the last time they could just relax like this. Hermoine liked the way Harry didn’t ask many questions. Without having to tell her, she knew he would always be there for her. 

“He loves you, you know..Ron. He hasn’t exactly told me, but I can tell. 

Harry seemed so sure of himself, but Hermoine would never believe it unless she heard it from Ron himself. 

“Oh I’m sure little Ronald loves me. If he loved me he wouldn’t be running around with Lavender. He’d be here…where you are.” 

Hermoine could feel the tears about to pour down her face but she swallowed the knot in her throat and decided the crying had to stop, for now at least. Harry put his arm around her and placed her head on his shoulder. She let him. In a world full of magic, she didn’t see much of the kind that astounded her. She knew all about the “spell” kind, You know, the kind in books, the kind you could learn, the kind you could be good at. But what about love? Was she ever meant to be in love? 

“Harry..I-I just. I don’t exactly know what to do. You see..”

“Hermoine, I know. It’s alright. There’s no need to explain.”

She couldn’t hold them back any longer. As tears were streaming down her face she latched onto Harry as he held her and let her cry. Let her feel all the emotions she was allowed to feel all along. 

“It’s just so hard, Harry. Seeing him with her. Does he even think about me when he looks at her? Or, what about when he kisses her? What I would do to be in her position…can’t he see? Can’t he see that I love him?”

She really started sobbing then and Harry held onto her tighter. He had never seen her cry so hard before, and it showed Harry a lot about Hermoine he didn’t think he would ever see. How hard she fights this constant battle, and how strong she really is. 

Over Hermoine’s sobbing there was a very faint voice that said,

“I do see. I see how much you love me.”

Hermoine whipped herself around to look at Ron and with a red flushed face turned around even quicker then she did in the first place. 

“LEAVE.” she firmly stated.

“No Hermoine, not this time.”

Ron took a seat on the other side of Hermoine and nodded at Harry to give them some time alone. Harry nodded back and walked away patiently. 

“Look Hermoine…I-I’m not too sure how to start this..but um..I’m..I’m terribly, sorry. I messed up. I really, really messed up. All the pain I’ve put you through wasn’t worth it. I’m not worth it. You did not deserve what I did to you. I know you think I didn’t notice you, but all I did was notice you. All I did every day since I’ve known you is think about you. How beautiful your eyes are, and how perfectly your hair frames your face. How bloody brilliant you are, it’s intimidating, really..I-“

“Shut up, Ron. You never ONCE stopped to tell me this until now. Until you’ve seen how hurt I am, until you’ve seen you could possible lose me because you chose some shallow girl over me.”

“I never chose her over you!”

“Oh, please! But you did! YOU DID!” Hermoine shouted.

“I was scared, okay?! What was I supposed to do? Let you know I loved you and then what? What if something happened to you, and we were in love? How heartbroken would I be? I’d be heartbroken regardless Hermoine, but give me a break here, for God’s sake I’m new to this whole “love” thing you know!

“You..you what?” Hermoine said in disbelif. 

“Is this some kind of trick?” Ron asked confused. 

“Let me know you what?” 

“Let you know I love you, Hermoine. There, I said it. I always have. Quite frankly I’ve come to the fact I always will. Like I was saying, I was scared. I tried to get over you by anything I could because I know I can’t always protect you. I want too, but you’re smarter than me and way more stubborn and you’re going to do what you want no matter what the circumstances. It would crush me to see anything happen to you, Hermoine..if you were mine and something did..it’d be my fault. There’d be no one to blame but me.”

“I’ve always been yours, Ron…even if you haven’t always been mine. I lov-“

Ron grabbed her by the waist and pulled her closer to him. As their lips met Hermoine could feel what she knew she would feel all along. Butterflies. This was it. This was what she had been waiting for. This was better than any book, any lesson, any challenge she had ever solved. This was love. This was magicAs they pulled away from each other Ron stared into her eyes. Hermoine blushed and hid her face away from him.

“You don’t need to say it Hermoine, I know you love me too.”

© 2011 Megan Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2011

Author

Megan Marie
Megan Marie

Orange, CA



About
It does not do to dwell on dreams & forget to live. I'm Megan♡ 19. Orange County, California. Rings. Passion. Champagne. Perfume. Movie nights. Skins UK. Making someone smile. Hand writ.. more..

Writing
Fly. Fly.

A Poem by Megan Marie