Neverwinter feature with great combat mechanics and character evolution

Neverwinter feature with great combat mechanics and character evolution

A Story by mmocs

Neverwinter's combat is more APRG than MMO, giving you a limited number of ability slots and asking you to pick the right combinations of powers. It's also click-to-move and attack, allowing you to constantly be moving while also hammering out abilities, requiring you to bring up an overlay when you want to access menus and the like. It makes for fairly fluid fights, with enemies also using area-of-effect attacks that force you to stay on your toes. There's usually plenty of warning - a big red overlay indicating where the danger zone lies - and then it's a case of using your dodge or block to negate the move.

Being that this game is considered as a hack-and-slash MMO, the players are given powers that they can level up as they see fit. These are the At-will, Encounter and Daily type of powers. At-will powers can be used by the player as much as they please because these powers do not have any cool downs (this is especially beneficial in clearing waves of enemies); Encounter powers are abilities that recharge at certain time after use. Daily powers are the more stronger abilities that players can use to dispatch enemies, but its cool down is longer than Encounter powers.

The quests Neverwinter provides players are easy to accomplish as well as easy to locate. This is in part due to the inclusion of a quest locater that players can use when questing; it makes tracking down objectives less of a hassle. Players can follow the glowing trail that leads to their destined place where their quest begins and ends. But of course, this golden trail is not always readily available for players �" for instances that require puzzle-solving as well as secret treasures and rooms, the quest locater won’t be available. A substantial number of quests are available for players that are tied to the story, apart from the daily given quests that can be chosen by the player, ensuring that there is always something that can be done in Neverwinter.

Dungeon runs are tied within the main narrative so that players would get the hang of various instances that require one or more players. Single-player instances are configured in such a way that it is not as difficult to complete; once a character reaches a certain level, he is given a companion that can be summoned to aid in the said dungeon runs. This nifty add-on makes single-player instances more manageable to take on.

Put simply, there's a lot to do in the world of Neverwinter. A never-ending supply of both official and community-created quests always ensure that players are busy fetching items or slaying monsters. In following the standard role-playing gameplay mechanics, players partake in both individual and group quests to earn experience points and loot, and ultimately level their character with skill points and such. Those feeling competitive can join in various player-versus-player matches that have players battling for control points in an assortment of arenas. Players can also enter queues to await being placed in groups for completing cooperative dungeon instances. Finally, to enjoy all the features in the game, players can Buy NW Items from Mmocs at a reasonable price.

© 2019 mmocs


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on April 24, 2019
Last Updated on April 24, 2019
Tags: NW Items