From Mountain to Ocean, all is creation

From Mountain to Ocean, all is creation

A Story by Mollie Emery
"

This is an article I got published in a local marine conservation organisations newsletter after a volunteer workshop I took part in.

"

MOTION FOR THE OCEAN " By Mollie Emery, Kariong Mountain High School

The ocean; so carved, so unknown, so powerful, yet we deny her and Mother Nature the privilege to be free of humanities consequence. The plastic plague that we have created will now outnumber the human race and continue to harm our fellow beings on this earth. So what can I, a sixteen year old female student and environmentalist do about it to create a healthier future for mother nature and her beautiful creation? Not much by myself but with the support of fellow environmentalists, social media and the power of education we can seize the harm that 20,000 pieces of rubbish introduced to the environment can do.

Mollie-Emery

Image credit: Mollie Emery

In early January I went on a 1 month exchange to Arizona in the US and noticed that littered rubbish, especially plastic, would follow me to even the most spiritual and aged parts of this earth. I then noticed it more when I got home and how it was affecting my local ecosystem in traumatic ways. And so with the help of my Max Potential coach Russell, my family, friends and Sea Scout group, I transformed my own and many others outlook on our environment, and founded the idea Motion for the Ocean.

It started with the thought how far would a littered plastic bottle travel in its lifetime " thousands of kilometers across oceans and continents. Then came along the thought of the 48 kilometers and 3 days of the Six Foot Track,  and the idea to organise a public sponsorship of littered rubbish for each kilometer I walked.  Two months later we collected 20,000 pieces of littered rubbish.

Throughout the hike and collection I learnt that we cannot fix what we have done but we can change what we do next, with many wrong and right turns. For those of you in the Take 3 for the sea community, thank you and may you keep on educating people on the beauty she (the ocean) bares and the plastic plague debt we have to the earth.

Mollie-Emery

Image Credit: Mollie Emery

 

© 2017 Mollie Emery


Author's Note

Mollie Emery
This is for Take3 for the Sea news letter in 2016
http://www.take3.org/take-3-inspires-max-potential-students/
One of my first works I managed to get into a newsletter

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on October 31, 2017
Last Updated on October 31, 2017

Author

Mollie Emery
Mollie Emery

Central Coast, NSW, Australia



About
I am an Earthling that believes writing and reading is a paper plane, the ink the jet fuel that can take you wherever you want to go. more..

Writing
A Word A Word

A Story by Mollie Emery


RED RED

A Poem by Mollie Emery