Writers Block

Writers Block

A Poem by K. C. Wells
"

God, I hate not being able to write, especially when you need to.... >.<

"

A pen in my hand the paper ready.
Yet the words won't come at least not steady.

What to do with my block, I ask.
What can I do to shock it back?

Endless ideas rattling round in my head.
Makes it hard to go to bed.

Still nothing comes from my muse.
A whole lot of nothing with nothing to do.

So I sit and I ponder and I write something down.
Then I tear up the paper with a frown.

Nothing, just nothing, that's all that I have.
A head full of nothing that makes me sad.

Unfinished stories and poems and more.
Clutter my desk, I have unfinished galore.

But nothing worth keeping, nothing to save.
Nothing that might make sense one day.

Just me and my pen and dozens of thoughts in my brain.
Running in circles driving me insane.

Finally I walk away, disgusted and dismayed.
One day I'll find my masterpiece, just not today.

© 2008 K. C. Wells


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ha. I liked this and can relate too. I've been thinking lately, "I want to write!" but everytime I get close I've got nothing. I loved the last stanza. Very good. A couple of things that jumped out at me - 1) The ask/back ryhme of the second stanza was one I couldn't twist to fit... but then I'm Australian. An Australian ryhme is something extirely of it's own!! 2) The repitition of "Unfinished" in the seventh stanza stood out to me a bit. As a personal rule (that others might disagree with) I try not to repeat a word so closely if I can avoid it and if the repitition yields nothing. I find that repitition interrupts the flow. But that might just be me. If not, I'd advise that perhaps the second "unfinished" could be changed to something else... "beginnings galore"? I don't know.

Hope this is helpful.



Posted 14 Years Ago


I can really relate to this! I get this more often than not. I will add this poem to my favorites as an encouragement, knowing that I am not alone. Thank you!

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is one of those transition pieces that seems to be off to somewhere else. Writing about not writing is a good way to get around the block. This kind of piece primes the pump so to speak. Hope it got you unstuck.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008

Author

K. C. Wells
K. C. Wells

Princeton, NC



About
I am a writer. That is all I know. Why? I wish I knew. I guess there's only one way to find out... Write! more..

Writing
Story One Story One

A Chapter by K. C. Wells


My Story My Story

A Book by K. C. Wells