Lost and Found.

Lost and Found.

A Story by ImLikeMonica
"

A little piece I put together after a vacation from London. It was inspired by a couple and their unforgettable love.

"

Lost and Found.

                The sunset glittered off of the hushed waters of the lake as hundreds of angelic swans glided across the surface. The gentle wind rippled through the gorgeous champion trees surrounding the beauteous pool. I stood there motionless as the light glimmered through the shuffling leaves and upon my cheeks. I was clueless as to where I was or how I had come about to this heaven, but I had no desire to question it. I sauntered through the flower-bedded grass until my toes touched the edge of the stone-rimmed water. It was absolutely dazzling. Suddenly as I gazed around, discovering more of my magnificent surroundings, it was as if the wind had gotten knocked out of me. Across the exquisite lake and beyond the elegant champion trees rested the endless rolling, green hills of the English countryside. It was an indescribable beauty.

                I closed my eyes as my long locks fluttered behind me with the wind. Though I was lost, I had never felt so peaceful. I stood there, motionless, as I breathed in and out deeply when, abruptly, my bliss was cut short. My eyes snapped open in fear as I whirled around to find what had intruded in on me. But my fear washed away as I looked down at the hand embracing mine. All I saw was a dark silhouette with the beaming sun falling behind the horizon. It was then that he reached out and pulled me close. His strong arms encircled my waist as I reached up to clasp my hands around the back of his neck. I gazed up into his warm eyes with unspeakable affection. He smiled back at me with adoration as he reached up to place his palm on my cheek. I had never believed in fairy-tales, but this changed things. While I paused there in the most perfect moment in the most beautiful place, I realized that I had found him. And when our lips finally touched, I knew that the search was over; I was lost, but now I had been found.

© 2011 ImLikeMonica


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow! I love the end...

"While I paused there in the most perfect moment in the most beautiful place, I realized that I had found him. And when our lips finally touched, I knew that the search was over; I was lost, but now I had been found."

What can I say? I'm a sucker for romance. :) Haha! This is fantastic. I definitely wouldn't mind reading some of your other work. Well done!! =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
..
beautiful write, amazing imagery. Like the ending alot

Posted 12 Years Ago


very beautifully written. i love the descriptions and the lead in to the beauty of romance from the beauty of landscape.
well done indeed. i sense talent :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! I love the end...

"While I paused there in the most perfect moment in the most beautiful place, I realized that I had found him. And when our lips finally touched, I knew that the search was over; I was lost, but now I had been found."

What can I say? I'm a sucker for romance. :) Haha! This is fantastic. I definitely wouldn't mind reading some of your other work. Well done!! =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2011
Last Updated on June 10, 2011
Tags: teenage love london england wale

Author

ImLikeMonica
ImLikeMonica

Denver, CO



About
17 and I love to write. :) more..

Writing