Dreaming

Dreaming

A Poem by Shaunta R. Edwards

 lying awake at night... dreaming of what could have been

what could be
stupid decision made somewhere in a teenage mind
dreams only bring back regret
regret that runs to deep
deep into my veins pulsing, bleeding your essence
reasons i can't recall
reasons that i ran
so lost in indecision, i get what i deserve
but to think... to never speak another word
never touch your pale skin
never gaze into those eyes...
the ones that hold so many secrets...
secrets i need to know...
Need to breath...
dreaming of only you

© 2009 Shaunta R. Edwards


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Absolutely beautiful! This poem was consistent and made me anticipate reading the next line. Very original/excellent job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The way you expressed your emotions moved me, as it stirred up that feeling of sorrow from love being lost that I am sure others can relate to. Also about thoughts of the past, wondering and questioning what could have happened, thinking if only it happened differently, and maybe even that longing for forgiveness and closure... Nicely written, it's very deep.


Posted 14 Years Ago


we've all made those decisions. there are never really any mistakes or right-doings, only choices. and choices are your history. without them you wouldn't exist. they tell a tale of each persons life. whos to say which book is written the best- for themselves or for the reader. we learn from so called mistakes. we learn from so called right doings. we learn from choices. things happen not because they can, but because the must. for within the flow of life is more than a simple plan or structure. it is a path without structure. a plan never planned. the future already exists, as we can only possibly choose one choice from many. it is the past we must create, not the future. the only way to do that is to better ones self by adjusting experiences of things behind you.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2009

Author

Shaunta R. Edwards
Shaunta R. Edwards

Long Beach, CA



About
My name is Shaunta Renee Edwards and I am 22 years old. I am the mother of the most kick a*s 2 year old boy. He is my inspiration to live. more..

Writing