Nightmare

Nightmare

A Poem by iamshadowine

A nightmare is something that wakes you up at night just to tell you that,
even dreams can be alive

© 2016 iamshadowine


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very very powerful.
Keep up the great work!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you :D
I like to think Nightmares are a way of helping us cope with fear and anxiety so when we are awake we can better deal with it. Funny how the happy dreams seem to disappear so fast when you wake up (at least for me they do) but the frightening ones linger - just like in real life - my happy times seem to disappear so quickly but when I'm are experiencing sad / frightening situations they seem to go in extremely slow motion and linger far too long. Well done with this short but well thought out poem - it really gets one thinking :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you so much :D
Very true even our worst nightmares could be real in some aspect I love the darkness in it though maybe change the font into a gothic style my dear but great work.

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you!
Raylene

7 Years Ago

My pleasure my friend
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
V
Your lines read haunting almost like a dangerous thought. We can only hope they don't come true yet dreams always relate to the reality partly, something our mind needs to process even when it turns out to be dreadful. Though I like the idea of dreams becoming alive but certainly not the bad ones.

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you for reading it :D
Spooky. The whole phrase "even dreams can be alive" is quite frightening because I often wake up and feel extremely relieved that what I was just dreaming was not real. But what if it were? Very interesting and terrifying. Nice work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you :D
Yeah, yeah, yeah, fear and all that. Can you please tell Freddy to stop jangling his knife hand? Soooooo annoying. Some people are trying to sleep, and his stupid laugh isn't helping anyone. Jeez.

Lol. I enjoyed the brevity of this bit, I feel the poem may be a bit short and this little nugget of writing would be golden in an expanded piece. As it is, I'll take it because it's nice to see someone encapsulate a larger concept with much fewer words. Fear is alive during those certain nights, waking up in that cold sweat trying to remember what you saw wasn't real: but the feeling, the feeling definitely was.

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you :)
I like this poem because you show in a few short words how powerful dreams are. I am sure you get a number of poems from your dreams. Well at least, I do. One of my poems comes to mind in this regard, "Of Ravens and Angels," came directly from a dream.

Your line, "even dreams can be alive," will echo within me for some time to come.

Well done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you!! :D
Yes! and we better pay attention!

Posted 7 Years Ago


A lot can be understood from very few lines here . Good one .

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you :))
A lovely view on how fear awakens our souls!

Posted 7 Years Ago


iamshadowine

7 Years Ago

thank you! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2280 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 22, 2016

Author

iamshadowine
iamshadowine

India



About
Keep writing! :) more..

Writing
Dream Dream

A Poem by iamshadowine



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic


The Crow The Crow

A Poem by Emily