Who Are We

Who Are We

A Story by Mohammed Khan
"

Who we are, and our connection to the world.

"

You are the bee. The bee that is buzzing and gliding along the soft air. You stop gracefully at a flower, sipping at its nectar.

You are the nectar. Within you, you carry the life of the flower. You carry its past and the potential of its future.

You are the flower. The flower that sprung from a single stem.

That stem given the opportunity of life by the branch. The branch a part of a big tree, with other branches much like this one.

That tree, represents mankind. Different shapes and sizes, but still a tree. A tree that has its roots deep within the Earth.

You see, we are the Earth.

We are the tree.

We are the branches.

We are the flowers, each beautiful and unique.

We are the nectar which shows our past struggles and our potential.

We are the bee that takes the nectar and carries it on to others.

We are nature.

We are nature and harmony. All the things that fall in with one another. All different, all with a different task and a different purpose but yet we all have the simple goal, the goal of life.

We exist to help each other, to feed off of one another. Without each other we simply don’t exist.

Without the Earth, the trees, the flowers, the nectar, the bees won’t continue, and the future of happiness and compassion will cease to exist.

We are each other.

We are human and nature.

© 2017 Mohammed Khan


Author's Note

Mohammed Khan
I'm not sure what genre, or category this falls in. Just thought this was deep and thought provoking. I feel as if it provides a different perspective on who we are.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1422 Views
Added on May 7, 2017
Last Updated on May 7, 2017
Tags: Nature, Humankind, Life, Earth, Passion, Future

Author

Mohammed Khan
Mohammed Khan

New York City, NY



About
I'm a highschool kid, who is trying to figure out how to become great and live life. more..

Writing