You Will Come To Know God

You Will Come To Know God

A Poem by Sean

Cool light suffused the room through a blue stained-glass Jew, affixed atop a cross behind the youthful class.

Instructor's hot forehead rained daily from his halo, which came in early morning and disappeared at dusk- like the rod held tightly in his hands.

"If you search", he started holding up a Bible, "In our books, then you can learn righteousness and will come to know God."

The class prayed and read passages here and there, but could not find this God anywhere.

Instructor became impatient,"spare the rod, spoil the child", he reminded us hourly most often with no words.

There I spent my years searching in every book, beneath every unturned stone, in the stars, in palms of hands and in the fears of the unknown.

I paced and prayed away the nights and after a thousand sleepless nights and a thousand lashes from a dozen rods, in the end I still came to no gods.

 

 

© 2009 Sean


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A personal journey that immersed me in its midst. The last line was powerful and palpable. But that does not mean one should stop looking else where for GOD! Great job.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Great poem! Once again you reinvent your writing taking a different approach! No major problems, the flow kept me reading, but the poem seemed a little...."rough around the edges" I guess. The poem just seemed a little 'twitchy', with immersion in a certain culture necessary to fully comprehend it. The ending was a great twist! Overall, a 9.5/10 I'd say!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 8, 2009

Author

Sean
Sean

Everywhere



About
Hi. I'm Sean. I write stuff sometimes. I used to write stuff all of the time. I have about a dozen short stories, countless poems and three novels that I've been working on for years. I think I'll b.. more..

Writing
[untitled] [untitled]

A Poem by Sean


Day and Dream Day and Dream

A Poem by Sean