THE JOURNEY

THE JOURNEY

A Poem by mr8perez
"

Hope everyone enjoys this piece and gets the best from it, TONY

"

Thoughts..


We live in a world where our lack of contentment and peace is needed to be fulfill with the negativity we spread alongside the hate we feel towards everything and everyone.


We tend to believe that we are happy hurting others whether it is physically or mentally.


Hurting others is what satisfies the dissatisfied.

It is what they live off by; because it's all they truly have to offer to the world.


Someone who lives in a hateful world has been hurt before, has been conquered by the hate in what led the person to be in a mission to make everyone else miserable in order to regain that contentment once again.


Whenever someone falls into the idea of misery their only purpose in life is to drag you down into the idea of misery they live with.


Who are those people?


The same people degrading you, saying


you are not good enough,

you are not worthy enough,

you are not special enough,


you are gay

you are black

you are white

you are brown


you are an immigrant

you are a criminal

you are a terrorist


you are Christian

you are Muslim

you are Catholic  


Why are we meant to be believers of one religion only?

Why are we meant to dress a certain way?

Why are we meant to be a certain race?

Why is skin color a factor to determine how important and beautiful we are?

Why are we meant to meet society's standards of "normal"?

Why are we meant to keep up with insignificant trends yet we forget the most important one which is PEACE, LOVE AND POSITIVITY!

Why don't we make that a trend?

Is it easier to hate rather than to love?

Or are we too afraid to be equal?


Does it burn you inside to realize we are all the same regardless if you are gay, straight, black, white, brown, fat, skinny, short, tall, Christian, catholic, Muslim, rich or poor?


Why is supremacy something we live by?

Does having a Ferrari make you more content than the person driving a Honda?

Does living in a mansion make you more content than the person living in a garage or 1/2 room house?

Or is it the idea that society made you believe that the materialistic attains is what grows inner peace and contentment?

Money or no money,


Happiness is not found, it is created by one.


You do not need to be skinny to be happy,

You do not need to be tall or short to be happy,

You do not have to be attractive to everyone to be happy,

You do not have to be the smartest kid in class to be happy,

You do not have to be the most paid employee to be happy,

You do not have to be anyone but YOURSELF!


We all want the same thing,


We want to be successful in the career we pursue in life so the income can later satisfy us.

So we paint the end of the road as the "BIG PICTURE"

Little do we know, we forget about the journey because we are blinded by the destination.

There is no destination without the journey,

The journey is what makes us grow into the best person we can be and will be.

Not only that, focusing on the destination makes us less appreciative onto the present.


We no longer appreciate the minor aspects in life, yet those are the most important aspects we shall appreciate and be grateful for.

It's not the destination, it's the journey.


The journey of life.


You can meet the destination without focusing on the journey, but then you will come to question,

What's next?

You then start to realize that you were too focus on the destination and forgot to live and appreciate the journey. So the destination no longer holds any value. ..


We live as if life was a race and the end is the motivation because of the “price”.


How about you do yourself a favor and simply be grateful that you are on your two feet, breathing with the opportunity to make a positive impact within your life and someone else's.


Take a few minutes out of your day to thank in whatever you believe in or whom you believe in, that you are alive.. you are healthy.. you made it to another day therefore you have another chance to make a difference and changes within yourself for improvement, life is about growing day by day. It is ok if you slip, but always make sure you get back up!


Never lose faith/hope...


There are people who are in the merge of committing suicide with no hope whatsoever.. all they want is someone to tell them that everything will be fine, they want to feel loved. Something they know nothing of because they are criticized daily, because they aren't "good enough". Those people who feel left out because we set standards that we are believed to reach.


We are no longer comfortable to be ourselves because we are afraid we might be criticized by the world.


And I am here to persuade you to forget about the critics,

Be whatever you want to be that will assure contentment and peace within your journey of life!


The world is yours while you are breathing, make sure it's full of contentment and peace.


Though, do not take advantage of your choice of life to hurt anyone physically nor mentally!


IT WILL NOT HEAL THE SOUL!

IT WILL ONLY POISON YOUR INNER PEACE!


Love and be loved!


If there is something that will heal the world into a more pleasant atmosphere, love is the answer.


Stop the hate, stop the unnecessary criticism!


Let people live their life!


I stand with


Black

White

Gay

Straight

Tall

Short

Fat

Skinny

Christian

Muslim

Catholic

Any ethnicity!


At the end of the day, we are human beings living in a beautiful planet called "Earth".


Where there is no difference in color, race, religion, financial condition, body shape, gender, sexual orientation, etc.


We are here to learn and love everything and nothing.


No one is superior in this world, we are all equal.


We were born the same way and we will eventually pass away and once that occurs, you won't be remembered by the money you had, or the religion you chose to believe in, or how fat or slim you were, or what genders were more pleasing to you, but the legacy you left for generations to learn from. That way, we can then reach our purpose in life, and that is to come all together as one, with love, peace and positivity.


Till then, we have more loving to do, more peace to feel, and more positivity to spread!


With that being said,


I will leave with these words..


And as corny as this might sound to the majority..


I love you all, and I appreciate every single one of you reading this. May love and peace be within you at all times. Obstacles will come across in your journey of life, but I promise that you will get through them, why? Because you are strong enough, beautiful enough, worthy enough, smart enough, and no one will say otherwise!

Conquer the world, the amazing things one can do is infinite, start now!

Start by appreciating every single person you meet, cherish them.

That includes your family, friends, relatives, boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife, and that new person you just met.


We never might know what someone is going through, so the best we can do is be kind to one another, let's start to encourage our surroundings in which one day we hope it will reach millions and maybe, just maybe, we may change the world to a more peaceful and lovable experience/journey.


One step at a time...


9/13/17

TONY PEREZ

© 2017 mr8perez


Author's Note

mr8perez
instagram: @mr8perez

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

382 Views
Added on September 13, 2017
Last Updated on September 14, 2017
Tags: #Love, #Life, #Journey, #Peace, #Positivity, #Art

Author

mr8perez
mr8perez

CA



About
A starving for success male trying to reach full potential in any objective I am set to accomplish. Objectives that will be surpass with critical thinking, outstanding ideas, and positive energy. I a.. more..

Writing
PEACE PEACE

A Story by mr8perez