The Miracle

The Miracle

A Story by Paul
"

The emotional story of losing a loved one.

"
Her heart beats faintly now, the last of her strength used to hold his hand. Blood continues to escape her body from various wounds. Her life cut short by a drunk driver. He sits in disbelief as part of his soul is dying with her. He is powerless in her time of desperation. He has always been her shield. Her beacon of light in this dark world. She completed him. His tears silently roll from his face, only to find their way to her cheek as he bends to kiss her lips a last time. Her cloudy blue eyes find his in the last moments. She didn't have to say a word. Their unspoken love could be felt by the blind. Her hand falls from his with the last of her breath. His heart shatters, never to be whole again. That's when he heard the angelic voice. A voice that would lead him from the darkness, the hopelessness, his impending death. He lifted his head, and through his tears he saw her. The most beautiful sight he could imagine. He gazed upon her unmistakable blue eyes. His wife had given him one final gift. The gift of life. He held his daughter close, the shattered pieces of his heart ever so slowly moving back to their rightful places.

© 2014 Paul


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I've been told my stories might be a bit too vague. This story tells of a tragic car accident. His wife gives birth as she dies in the hospital.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A amazing story. You put a lot of story in the short story. The story led the reader to a sad situation and than finding a place of hope. You gave enough to create the emotion of great sadness than joy. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

303 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 30, 2014
Last Updated on November 30, 2014
Tags: Car crash, love, blue eyes, disparity

Author

Paul
Paul

Writing
I Am Here I Am Here

A Story by Paul


He Walks He Walks

A Story by Paul