History repeating itself

History repeating itself

A Chapter by Missy
"

The ancient scroll detailing where to find the ancient magic is found. It is up to some to keep it hidden and others to unveil it's secrets.

"

Maleia: Maleio

 

He walked along the long corridor it was vast and wide. He was an older black man around his late middle ages, he was the Kings advisor. The hallway was a white color with a gold trim around each edge. The king was known for his blatant show of money. The man picked up his speed as he tried to go as fast as he could without drawing attention to himself. His heart was beating so fast and he could barely contain the sweat balls that were accumulating on his forehead. He kept a scroll hidden in his black jacket. In each hall he past there were about ten guards walking around, he kept praying to himself to make it home he had to warn his family. He kept thinking he had to keep them safe he knew they wouldn’t understand, but he had to go on a mission to save a King. He had to save a new King the rightful heir to this throne and he had to dethrone this King. His long lost mission was now almost complete. He approached the doors, but they were guarded by two heavily armed guards with swords at their sides, they appeared as vicious as they would have if he’d seen them in battle that day. The doors themselves were massive at least about ten feet high. They too had the gold trim on the edge of the doors.

            “State your business”, the guard to the left said his left hand blocking the way. “On official business of the King, I have to hurry now or the King will have my head”, he kept his voice low and firm but inside he was shaking to his core. The guards looked to each other before lifting the hatch that opened the door. The man walked slowly down the huge steps until he was sure the doors had closed then he ran towards the stables grabbed his horse and fled with everything in his body.

 

Maleia: Donyer

 

At first he decided to flee to Donyer because he couldn’t be sure that the king wasn’t following him and he had to get the scroll safely away. He arrived at the shipping port and was nearly ready to board a ship for Mecea when he had a second thought. He thought about his family being home so he decided that the boat would have to wait. “On or off”, the man who appeared to be captain, by the hat he wore, said. The man just turned around clicked his hips toward his horse so that the horse knew it was time to run. First he knew that time was already wasted and his only hope would be to hide the scroll with a friend. He had a little while to go get to his home which was in the next town over and before he went there he had to make sure the scroll would be safe. He stopped at a friend’s house that he could trust. He asked the man to keep it safe for him, that he would return for it. The man could see the urgency in his eyes and never asked questions and took the scroll and agreed to keep it safe until the man would return. The man got back on his horse and kept going until he reached his home. He was shocked and happy to see that no one had beaten him there. He jumped off his horse and ran inside to warn his family.

 

Maleia: Syceria

 

            He opened his door and found the familiar sight and smell nearly melted away all the nerves he had. He felt himself rush over to the log couch he had built himself and had put in enough straw to make it comfortable after a long days work. The wooden floor he could see was still damp from having been recently cleaned. He eyes rose to the table set across from the couch. He closed his eyes and envisioned when he built the table and chairs with his bare hands. He cut all the wood himself and shaped them all up; every one piece by piece, with his own knife and now he was going to have to leave it all.

            He wanted to stay he felt safe, but he had to warn them, they had to go, time was short. He rose up from the couch and went toward the stairs that were diagonally located to his left and went up to wake his wife. The stairs he noticed were still holding up steady he’d only had to replace a few of the pieces of wood with brand new ones. He passed his daughters bedroom on the left and went to his bedroom on the right where his wife was. He slowed to let his right hand feel the wood on the walls and again envisioned all the work he put into building his families home. He opened the door he had sculpted into a beautiful arch door because his wife desired it. The door even had their last name placed on it in a very decorative way it showed iHp.

            Inside the room he could see the wood floor too was cleaned and smiled as his wife was always very thorough with getting the job done. He looked over toward his desk and thought for a moment to gather his things, but thought that would take to much time. He walked over the left side of his wife’s bed and gently rested a hand on her brown shoulder and moved a bit. He almost didn’t want to wake her seeing how snug she looked in the white cover she had pulled up to her shoulder blades. After another gentle move she opened her light brown eyes and was immediately startled but from the look in his black eyes she didn’t question him she arose swiftly and knew what she had to do. He had told her a day like this would come she just didn’t believe the day would come so soon.

            His wife got out of bed with her hair still in a bun and she went over to their dresser beside his desk and started undressing. He thought he heard a noise and then it was silent. He thought to look out of the window above the bed, but he figured it was all in his mind. He figured no one would’ve known about the scroll he took this soon. He decided to go to his daughters room as he didn’t want her anywhere near the mess he got himself into. His daughter was going to play a very important role that even he wished she didn’t have to do.

            He walked out of the room and into the hallway and opened her door on the right. He walked very slowly to her bed which was located directly across from the door. He was sorry to have involved her in all this, but he knew that it was better she knew who she was than to have someone kill her and she wouldn’t know why. His daughter was also sleeping silently if it hadn’t been for the rise and fall of the red sheet covering her chest he might’ve been worried. Her brown hair spread out all over the top of the bed with a few strands resting across her face. She was still a young girl although she was eligible for marriage. He had no plans of letting that happen anytime soon. Men have tried and he kept them at bay. He approached her bed and awoke her but as soon as her eyes opened a flaming arrow came through her room. She heard her mothers scream she arose quickly from the bed. “Mom”, she screamed at the sight. Her mother was dead the fire still lit in the chest of her small frame. She couldn’t stay to grieve, her father grabbed her by the arm, the fire was spreading so fast. She could see it climbing the walls and when he pulled her outside the back part of the upstairs where the bathroom was covered was all engulfed in flames.

            She started choking as the smoke was getting unbearable to breathe. Her father just pulled her further even as the both of them struggled and slipped down the stairs. Her father since he was in front kind of went head first toward the ground. When he fell his legs kicked toward her and caused her to fall forward, but his other foot guarded her left foot so when she fell her ankle twisted. Her left ankle was in pain and she wanted to sit and cry. Instead her father rose up and she could see the gash of blood on his head above his left eye-just picked her up and dragged her towards the door because the fire started approaching the stairs and coming right for them. He dragged her right outside and as soon as they reached the door to escape the blaze the guards grabbed each of them and flew them to the ground outside away from the fire. She raised her head to see a dozen or so soldiers on black horses fully armed with swords aimed at them. One man with a white horse rode forward and got off of his horse.

 “Where is it”, he aimed the sword at her father.

 “Did you think I would not realize it was missing? Did you think I didn’t know you had taken it?” He was angry she could see the hatred in his beautiful brown eyes. Her father had blood mixed with tears flowing down his dark brown cheeks his head hung low but he still would not say a word.

 “Tell me”, the man said angrily aiming the sword at his throat but still her father would not speak.

“Kill her”, the man said adjusting the reins to turn the horse toward the young teen. A man with dark skin and cold eyes steadied his bow and released the arrow. Just then her father leaped in front of her to take the arrow for his child. Her eyes widened she was still in shock of seeing her mother die. She reached out her arms just as her father fell back into them.

“Dad-no, please don’t leave me”, she cried as the weight of him forced her to use all her weight to hold her up.

“I am so sorry” he whispered to her. “Everything I did I was trying to protect you”, she cried as the light in his eyes faded. She was in so much disbelief she didn’t see the man with white horse coming toward them. The man grabbed him from her grasp and shook him and threw him to the ground and began kicking him.

“Let go of my father you animal”, she screamed through her tears while rising from the ground, who was he to do this she thought. Her father was dead but he didn’t deserve to be pummeled.

“Animal, I am the King of Maleia, I will do what I please”, the King stated while the young girl dropped to her knees in disbelief. He turned away in frustration he needed the scroll.

“Sire”, one of the guards asked. “What are we to do with her”, he said looking at the young girl hoping to keep her himself. She looked very desirable to him in the moment. Her long wavy brown hair was sticking to her skin perfectly and she was only wearing her floor length white night gown. It didn’t do her body justice, but the fact that it revealed room inside her dress made his mouth drool. The king turned around to face them.

 “What is your name girl?”

“Nadia”, she said standing up to face him. King or not she wasn’t going to cower like a little girl.

“Take her back to the castle I’ll figure out what to do with her then”, the King stated thinking she may be useful later on.



© 2012 Missy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on August 10, 2012
Last Updated on August 10, 2012
Tags: swords, death, teen, king, bow and arrows, scroll, throne, fantasy, drama


Author

Missy
Missy

Lansing, MI



About
I want to be a writer. I write all day, everyday in case I'm working. more..

Writing
Ch. 1 Pretenses Ch. 1 Pretenses

A Chapter by Missy


A tortured soul A tortured soul

A Chapter by Missy