Today

Today

A Poem by SarahCortland
"

Today is never really here so we have to do things now instad of say Today i.... or Tomorrow I...

"
 

Today is the day I say goodbye,

the day I walk away and leave this lie.

Today is the day I forget you exist,

the day I go down and complete my dream list.

Today is the day I met you,

the day I let go of everything true.

Today is the day I hurt myself,

the day I chose you over my health.

.

Today is Monday the first of the week,

the day I lost my pride and couldn't speak.

Today was the worst day of my life,

the day of so much pain and so much strife

Today is the day I cried myself to sleep,

the day I laid in a circle in a broken heap.

Today was the last day I promised to break,

the day I realized everything was at stake.

Today was yesterday and the day before,

the day I grew angry and colder to the core.

Today is really tomorrow and every other day of the year,

the day that isn't a day for it is never here.

© 2010 SarahCortland


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

i love this! altho I think you could expand on the Monday stanza, or maybe reword it? Because I found myself a little confused, or more just not loving it quite as much because you say it's Monday, an unimportant fact, then an incredible line that makes me curious for more, and then don't explain why it was the worst day. You could expand on that second line alone.
It's interesting how it starts out about breaking up/love/a bad relationship, then shifts over into an even bigger picture. I love the last line. Feel free to ignore my edits.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is very nice! Just one thing I would like to critique is your transition... maybe is should more of a story? Going from stanza one to stanza two is confusing... I'm lost.

But otherwise, this is a very emotion-filled poem and great write. Keep it up! You're very talented!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this one. Again amazing closing stanza, really. An explanation for the feelings of today, very nice interpretation of it. You give the reader enough to grab onto without really unveiling the issue that's behind the poem. It seemed like maybe the first stanza should have come later since the speakers finally saying enough, but either way works. Keep up the good work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow. The last stanza is so wonderful. The whole poem is wonderful. I just love this poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Overall, the rhythm was beautiful, it flowed perfectly - I had no difficulties reading. And to me that's a blessing, usually I correct the flow of a poem. It's hard to read if it doesn't flow properly, which makes it unenjoyable. I didn't have a problem with this one.

Also, the rhyming was great, simplicity worked well for this poem. No fancy rhyming, just simple and beautiful.

You did a great job, I liked that despite it's sad nature - the message was sincere.

Keep Writing,
Melissa.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is quite the emotional write here.
I can feel this one. Written and expressed so well.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow.... Incredible moving.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is another great write from you , hope to see more

Posted 14 Years Ago


Good write. Thought provoking at the very least. Seems like you tried to cover a lot in this piece. You did and might want to expand it a little. I can see two or three poems coming off this one without a lot of extra effort.

Posted 14 Years Ago


An interesting way of portraying your soul


Posted 14 Years Ago


i love this! altho I think you could expand on the Monday stanza, or maybe reword it? Because I found myself a little confused, or more just not loving it quite as much because you say it's Monday, an unimportant fact, then an incredible line that makes me curious for more, and then don't explain why it was the worst day. You could expand on that second line alone.
It's interesting how it starts out about breaking up/love/a bad relationship, then shifts over into an even bigger picture. I love the last line. Feel free to ignore my edits.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

371 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2010
Last Updated on May 18, 2010
Tags: Today

Author

SarahCortland
SarahCortland

Owensboro, KY



About
My name is Myspace Layouts. I love to Write poetry and I am currently working on one book. Sometimes I write short stories but Poetry is what i like to Stick to. Confidence Quotes .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..