You Know That Feeling

You Know That Feeling

A Poem by crosley

You Know The Feeling

You know that feeling? The one that sits inside your chest like a weight tied to your heart? It slowly pulls your heart from your chest to your stomach & casts away every decorated wing to go and flutter among themselves inside your head. Creatures quietly mocking your own thoughts as you wonder if they question your sanity.

You know that feeling? The one that forms that dry lump in your throat that no water could ever wash down? Except maybe the thousands of tears that stained your cheeks, leaving a well defined streak through your harshly artificial contoured bones.

You know that feeling? The one that seems to hover just above the line of detrimental emotional destruction but far below the line of ear-to-ear satisfaction & eye-wrinkling pleasure. Where there is no line to be crossed but if so done it is a force to be reckoned for it forces itself inside you like a well-deserved nine year sentence.

You know that feeling? The one that remains nocturnal, sleeping during times that step between eight am & conversations on 10 percent battery. Where you seem to be too empty to conjure up any strength to find the lifeline of your five by two all knowing.

You know the feeling.

© 2016 crosley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016