Darkness

Darkness

A Poem by Huggy Bear
"

Darkness triumphs light. Darkness hides the imperfection of the soul It allows mystery within every person.

"
Darkness is the rival of Light
Many vilify Darkness
Darkness is blame for evil
Many despise the Dark
Yet Darkness is our true friend

The Light would reveal all
The Light we hold so dear destroys that mystery
It destroys what makes us interesting
Darkness is the true force of creation
The Darkness is Good Light is Evil

© 2010 Huggy Bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well I suppose you already know that women are the "darkness"-(the yin), while Men are the "light"-the Yang. Yet considering the fact that Men are the warriors and kill people and start wars, while women are the peace makers and nurturers, it makes absolutely good sense that darkness,)Yin), trumps the light-Yang and women rule.
Men may deny it, but they are subservient to the rulers of the world-Women-(the darkness). This makes perfect sense to me. Interesting write.
I have a friend on here that wrote a similar poem which I think you'd enjoy. Her name is Linda Marie Vantassle(I think). if you respond I'll direct you to the poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is wonderful, i like this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think this is an different, but interesting way to look at Darkness and Light. I have to agree with Dizzy that there both or none. Just depends on the way you look at it. I'm sort of confused at what you're trying to get at when the Light concept is introduced, especially the last sentence. Maybe try to make it clearer to understand. Otherwise, it's really all matter of opinion. Keep it up! (I learned a new word today! Vilify. Thanks!)

Posted 14 Years Ago


In my opinion neither is either. Its a yin and yang circle of balance where two opposites work completely together to get a whole picture. Normally though people think light and think it good, and dark bad. I like how you turned this around on people. It's a different way of thinking. Though neither light or darkness can be trusted.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It is a poem that makes the reader think twice. There will always be a conflict with good and evil or should we say (the light and darkness). Since creation it is the force that keeps balance in this world. As long as both are equal we shall be safe. If one were to be stronger than the other it would create chaos. Thanks for sharing this wonderful piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


can't say I exactly agree with this, I'm still thinking on it
but it's interesting...
without the dark,
what would we consider the light?
without both...what would we have, to celebrate or to mourn?
dark and light always seem to conflict, but where would we be without them...
...I like how you think toooo

Posted 14 Years Ago


what a way of thinking of that. great job. I like the way you think

Posted 14 Years Ago


I different outlook on Light vs. Darkness
Totally depends on circumstance...
Good job

Posted 14 Years Ago


In the darkness of the night we discover the secret of love. Darkness under the stars the nights of drinking and good friends are the best nights in a life. You are correct. Darkness is very good.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

367 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2010
Last Updated on February 1, 2010

Author

Huggy Bear
Huggy Bear

Astoria, NY



About
- I have such an innocence and purity that not a lot of people have - Have a heart that most people can only fake - My heart has led me to some dark regions of life. - My heart has also led me to s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Abortion Abortion

A Chapter by Luna