My Serial Friend

My Serial Friend

A Story by Huggy Bear
"

My best friend is a serial killer and now I am helping his addiction

"
I live next door to a serial killer, the catch is he is my best friend. His name is James. We have known each other for 21 years. We met in first grade when he sat with me at lunchtime when no one wanted too. James is what you would call the model type. He never had any trouble finding women.

He gets what he wants with this charm that is out of this world. I looked up too him and I would be there for him no matter what.  After college we went our separate ways. James lived in California. He was working as mediator in divorce cases. James takes the woman's side in these cases to get in their good graces. The result is those same women going home with him.


I live in Long Island, New York working as an English teacher. My life is calm and there is not much excitement that goes on.  Everything was going well for a few years till one day I saw that someone  was moving next door. I watched eagerly for a few minutes before I realized that James was moving in. After the move my life from that point forward changed for better and worse.

During the time that James was living near me I saw some changes within him. He was still the same charming playboy I remembered long ago. Yet when I look into his eyes he seemed distant. I never paid attention mind too it till one day I heard a scream. At first I thought it was James having sex with one of his many conquests. Suddenly the screams became frightening.

I leaped out of my house too see what was the situation. When I left my house I looked around and saw that no one bothered to investigate. I realized that people in my neighborhood are not the type of people to investigate anything. They do not like to get involved in anyone's businesses unless it favors them in the long run. I ran to James's house and knocked on the door. He opened the door slowly. To my horror he was covered in blood. I pushed him into the house and screamed at him to ask what the hell what was going on.

He smirked and told me that he kills people that piss him off. I was stunned and asked him to explain himself. James turned his back to me and he changed his shirt. After he explained. He said it started at work when he was taking care of a case where the husband was being extremely abusive and the wife cried really hard and James had a strong hatred towards him.

So James followed the guy and proceeded to abuse the husband like he did to his wife. The problem was that James had no control of his power and he killed him. When James realized what he done he first felt bad about what he done. He discovered that he enjoyed killing so much. Ever since then he started killing people on a whim for the hell of it. I fell to my knees after hearing his story.

I felt sad and instead of being angry with with I looked at him and told him I do not want him to to jail. James sighed and told him that he will not go to jail as long as I keep his secret. He paused and looked at me. He hugged me and told me that he is still my best friend and that he is here for me. I sighed and felt better with his reassurance. I got up and as I was walking out I asked him what he will do with the body. James said that he decided to burn the body and throwing the remains in the river. He asked me if I wanted to help out.

I pondered for awhile and I agreed. So from that point on I have been helping him hide his passion form everyone. It has its ups and down but dont all friendships have that element. I will admit it has been hard but what can I say he is my best friend and I am here for him no matter what.

© 2010 Huggy Bear


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Mustafa Mustafa…..aaaaa…..
Don’t worry Mustafa…..
You will be nabbed by the police sooner or later….
My god……mentor of a serial killer…..
Nice reading…..
Needs editing….


Posted 13 Years Ago


Ahh, very chilling.. you write amazing stories.. and your naration and description is excellent as always.. The story looked as it came straight out of a hollywood thriller flick..excellent work sir

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
Your story shows a great quality of details, moral, description, and an awesome story telling

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the story. Like a description and detail. Make the story roll like James was a common man with a good hobby. A outstanding story. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like the idea here. This guy is a real buddy. A real moral quandry....but only for the reader. The narrator really doesn't wrestle with it. Pretty cool idea.

PAt

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 29, 2010
Last Updated on March 29, 2010
Tags: Serial, Killer

Author

Huggy Bear
Huggy Bear

Astoria, NY



About
- I have such an innocence and purity that not a lot of people have - Have a heart that most people can only fake - My heart has led me to some dark regions of life. - My heart has also led me to s.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..