Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Miracles

Miracles

A Story by TransparentHearts
"

It's a fantasy story genre about love, mysteries, and a little vengence.

"

Prologue

                “Rina…Oh, Rina…” I mumble over and over, my head bowed into my hands. Her image glows and engraves herself into my mind, pouring over every small detail and etching her into my memory eternally.  Her scent reminding me of the spring rains, when the flowers peek through their buds and welcome the season with blossoming buds. Her tender touch embraces me in one of her soft-hearted, long hugs, sensitive like her heart. Her precious lips meet my cheek, a gentle luminous grace about her, as salty tears course down onto the floor beneath the sturdy chair I sit upon. Each single droplet plummets and splashes near the brown leathered shoe of one of the men watching my every move.

                “Sir, what happened?” asks the man to my left, his badge shining in the interrogation light.

                “Oh, sweet Rina…”

                “Sir!” His fat hand slaps the desk with his words lingering in the air, but I barely react to his intense fury, “You are a suspect in this matter! Speak for yourself!” The officer outraged. I knew him for all his life and he knew me almost all of mine. The poor fella next to him probably thinks I’m guilty, and I suppose in a sense…I am.

                “My Rina…” the echo of my tears is the only resounding noise in the silent room.

                “Is Rina this girl? This girl here in the photograph taken at the scene of the crime?” That same hand slides me a new photograph, unbent and in mint condition from just a couple hours before, across the table. I glance up at him with a tear-streak face. Do they not understand what I’ve been through? What my Rina meant to me? Do they realize what inevitable forces occurred and intertwined my destiny to be here? They don’t realize what happened, or the extent of everything that unraveled.

                I nod in response to his question without looking at the photograph. My hands clutch the very center of my bosom, and my breathing settles slightly. I shift my gaze towards the officers, blurring them by my obscuring tears. Oh, my aching heart.

                “Rina! I’m so sorry!” I choked out at the top of my lungs, and fresh droplets emerged and rolled down. The officer to my right, the skinny twig accusing me of being guilty, shifts to sit on the table by me, apparently feeling the pain staked in my fractured glass heart. He pats my back and quietly speaks, “It’s going to be okay, sir. We feel your pain. Calm down and tell us everything.”

                Shaken up, I whispered, “Well, it all began when Rina asked about the day her and I met,” I paused. My story must be told, Ethan. I proceeded through the concentrated pain, immensely deep and passionate, “So, I told her precisely how, starting from day one.”

© 2010 TransparentHearts


Author's Note

TransparentHearts
Not really sure what to call it. Still in the writing process, hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing. You should add more to this for sure.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed this. It's a great beginning. Made me want to know about Rina and where this all started from. Fantastic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2010
Last Updated on January 19, 2010

Author

TransparentHearts
TransparentHearts

About
Well...where to start. (The short version) I liiike weird crazy, not run-of-the-mill kind of stuff. Liike taking an armadillo on a rollar coaster. How fun would that be?!?! You could call me crazy. I .. more..

Writing