Chapter One of Tamed

Chapter One of Tamed

A Chapter by Mya Nunnally
"

Fallon Jones, age 14. When a mysterious stranger and a science experiment fall into her life, she makes a fateful decision. It's a choice that leaves her wild, insane, and she needs to be- Tamed.

"

Chapter One


      I have mild synesthesia, meaning I see people in colors. And the first time I saw him, I saw bright green, with streaks of yellow.

      Brian.

      Now you’d think we’d have met on a romantic beach in the Bahamas, but we met in a science experiment designed to kill us off as entertainment for the American public. We met on the first day, as we’d just been taken to the place that would soon cause the murder and trauma of thousands of innocent teens.

 

      I was at school, walking down the hallway. I stepped into the library to return a book, and I saw her for the first time, too. Roxanne.

      Pink, Yellow, and Orange.

      She was sitting on the library couch, sleeping. Obviously if you saw a grown woman sleeping in your school library, you’d be suspicious. I dropped off my books and made my way over to the plaid couches. On her chest was a post-it, with nice script writing.

Wake me at eleven.

      I turned to the clock, squinting to make out the time, 11:06.

      “Ah, crap.” I heard myself say. I gently tapped the woman’s shoulder, but nothing happened.

      “Excuse me.” I said a bit louder. The lady’s eyes flew open. She coughed and sputtered out a “thank you” as she tried to make herself presentable. She flattened down her hair and fixed her dress skirt. She looked at her watch nonchalantly and gasped when she saw the time.

      “You man, you are wonderful. Thank you so much for waking me up so I’m not late for this meeting, um here’s my card. If you stop by my office, I’ll be sure to give you a reward, if you’d like.” And with that, the woman hustled out of the library, bumping into me on her way out.

      I hadn’t even gotten one word in, but apparently I was about to get a reward? Well, I’m not one to refuse.

      I twirled the card between my fingertips, my eye catching one phrase.

I’ve stolen your wallet.

      My mind barely had time to process it before I was shell shocked. When she bumped into me, she must’ve stolen it! Soon, I was racing out the door, my eyes searching for that pink, yellow, and orange.

      There she was, already hustling out the front door, smirking to herself.

      A huge adrenaline rush pulsed through my veins, and it sent my heart rate flying. I felt my legs move towards the door, and before I knew it I was chasing after this chick I barely knew.

      I ignored the secretary’s yells as I pushed open the front door, the hinge squeaking.

      Where was she?

      My eyes locked onto hers.

      She was in the middle of the parking lot, and she dangled the wallet from her hands. This was all sort of some freshman prank, right? Well haha, it’s so funny. I sighed and walked over to her and outstretched my hand, motioning for her to give it back. Some stupid prank this was.

      “Fight me.” The lady said.

      Wtf?

      “Excuse me, miss…”

      “Roxanne.” She finished, smiling.

      “Okay, Roxanne, I’d really like my wallet back. I’m already in enough trouble as it is, walking out of school. Please?”

      She seemed to consider it, and then nodded.

      “If,” She started. Oh here we go. “You’ll fight me.”

      Crap. Um…

      “Fine.” I playfully pushed her shoulder and make a reach for the wallet. She pulled it away at the last second, making me spazz and lunge forward.

      That little…

      This definitely was not a prank. What did I get myself into?

      I took a swipe from behind, shoving her from the back. She paused, ever so slightly, and then spun around to face me.

      “You want the wallet?” She teased, and before I knew it, she kneed me in the stomach. Where did that come from?!

      I toppled over in pain on the cement, in a fetal position. Damn, that hurt.

      She laughed. “You still have a chance, Fallon.”

      And that’s when I stopped.

      “I never told you my name.” I said, standing up weakly.

      Her smiled faltered.

      “Someone sent you here. And it wasn’t the seniors, they can’t think this elaborate.”

      Roxanne frowned, looking a little defeated.

      “I’m here to recruit some new material. You’re a potential candidate.”

      “For what?”

      “I can’t exactly say that out in the open. Want to take a ride?” She motioned towards a black car to her right.

      This was extremely bizarre.

      I’d just ran out of school, had a random freak stranger attack me and steal my wallet, and now she wants me to get into her car.

      Sounds legit.

      I figured I was already suspended for walking right out of school, so skipping it wouldn’t make much of a difference.

      I followed Roxanne to her car, a sleek sports car with a New York license plate. I decided not to question it.

      “My wallet?” I asked, and Roxanne smirked.

      “Later.” She said.

      As I got into the car, I slid into the back seat, only to feel the insane sensation of metal against my right temple.

      A gun was pressed against my head.

      



© 2011 Mya Nunnally


Author's Note

Mya Nunnally
Please note that I am young, but I can take harsh criticism. Thank you. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have got to say this is some great writing. Loving the story so far, hope to see more of it in the future!
I enjoy the narrator's perspective being that of the main character, but I've one thing to point out, though: "Wtf?" -> avoid using these types of "slang shortenings" (you can type swear words, they don't cost a dime!)
Cheers!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I have got to say this is some great writing. Loving the story so far, hope to see more of it in the future!
I enjoy the narrator's perspective being that of the main character, but I've one thing to point out, though: "Wtf?" -> avoid using these types of "slang shortenings" (you can type swear words, they don't cost a dime!)
Cheers!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

469 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 13, 2011
Tags: science fiction, romance, love, love story, fantasy, dystopian, teenage, young adult


Author

Mya Nunnally
Mya Nunnally

Keansburg, NJ



About
I'm a young aspiring author, and I really like fantasy and science fiction. My dream is to talk to J.K. Rowling, my idol. more..

Writing
Tamed Tamed

A Book by Mya Nunnally