Just Posted

Just Posted

A Story by Michael Giles
"

1, 2, 3, 4,... and to distinction. For a moment, had I been counting all the stars I've been with throughout the night/s of improper use of an unusual privilege. Every star twinkling over me, had been more likely insignificant as though Heaven blessed

"

1, 2, 3, 4,... and to distinction.

For a moment, had I been counting all the stars I've been with throughout the night/s of improper use of an unusual privilege. Every star twinkling over me, had been more likely insignificant as though Heaven blessed me with an unrealized thought, I being mixed with the notion of a blissful stay, which had been so light to let go. This was but the undisputable belief for living not in a way to leave, not just one-two-three but a lot.

Now, the stars in the night sky had been too few to count.

It was then at this moment that I felt, so insisting, begging for more numbers to count, for more light to shed over me as I stroll, for more nights of recovery. I'd love to reach out for more till "infinity and beyond" [who wouldn't?], but necessity had been pardoned for one new age to come. It's when the decision stood still, but not for me.

It's when, I wanted to be possessive of what had it granted me, or maybe just lent me. A new horizon which, as time flew over, I gained much sight to see what's unseen, the benefit of an amity abloom, still striving, and then, in just one blink of the eye, would turn to an illusion, which I refuse to happen.

5, 4, 3, 2,...

This is not what I wanted, but what can I do. What has to separate, has to.

© 2008 Michael Giles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so good. I love the first lines. I like in your bio where is says that you write what you want. Thats great. Keep writing I would love to read more from you

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 6, 2008

Author

Michael Giles
Michael Giles

Philippines



About
I live in the Philippines. I'm just 16, turning 17 this 15th of April. I write whenever I feel like doing it. more..

Writing