Eyes Stained Red (Work In Progress)

Eyes Stained Red (Work In Progress)

A Story by Chloe Powell
"

Melissa struggles to leave her abusive boyfriend. With the help of her friends and loving brother, will she be able to get out and recover, or will she stay with him?

"

We got away from her as soon as we possibly could and bolted to the bathroom after she told us her -so called- "exciting" news.

"I've told her a million times not to talk to him anymore," I said quietly afraid that she'd somehow hear us.

"I know. She's so dumb," said Virginia.

"Homecoming is meant to be fun, but with him there it I know that it won't be."

"He's so bad for her," Virgina said. "He's bad in general."

Virginia was about to say something more when she noticed Melissa's reflection in the mirror in front of her. Melissa's eyes were stained red and wrapped around her wrists were large purple bruises shaped like handprints. Virginia and I looked at each other; we knew something was wrong.

"Melissa, what happened?" I said softly, shocked at the marks on her body.

"Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry about it." She said while pulling her sleeves over her hands.

Virginia and I looked at each other once again, but this time she looked much more fearful and worried. Melissa made her way into one of the stalls trying to hold back the tears that were building up in her eyes.

"I'm fine." She locked the door and fell to the ground.

"Virginia, go tell someone about this," I said as calmly and softly as I possibly could. "I'll stay and try to talk to her."

Virginia left. I could see the worry and fear in the way her hands were trembling and how awkwardly she was walking.

"Melissa, you need to come out. Talk to me."

"What did I do wrong?" She mumbled; it was hard to make out what she was saying.

"Am I not good enough?" She paused trying to cover up the cracks in her voice.

I was extremely unsure of what to say to her. I had always thought she was beautiful and she's never been rude or disrespectful either. He was the one who did wrong. Instead of saying anything I crawled under the stall door and sat beside her then wrapped my arms around her and hugged her while she cried.

© 2017 Chloe Powell


Author's Note

Chloe Powell
I had MUCH more written but when I reopened my computer to add to it, everything was gone; no save. I've been writing many other stories but do plan on going back to this one. I don't know how it'll end or if this will even be the start, but any tips would be helpful. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There's a sad story. I'd start a new sentence between 'red' and 'wrapped':

"Melissa's eyes were stained red. Wrapped around her wrists were large purple bruises shaped like handprints."

It's a good start to a tragic story, next time save as you go offline first :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Chloe Powell

6 Years Ago

Thank you. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 18, 2017
Last Updated on May 18, 2017
Tags: abuse, depression, friendship, abusive relationships, short story

Author

Chloe Powell
Chloe Powell

WI



About
I love writing, though I'm probably not even close to being the best. I always either write or draw during my free time and would very much enjoy even a small amount of recognition. I post on Wattpad .. more..

Writing