RED

RED

A Story by Maraina Cross

The color Red has always meant passion, fire, lust, and romance to us. That’s not what it means to me anymore. Now it’s a color that means anger, rage, greed, and blood. Blood that is now splattered on our small apartment bedroom walls, looks as thou it was dramatically painted on. Blood that is soaked into our sheets and carpet shines dully in the moonlight through the window, and glistens as it runs down your body, as well as, the tramp that you slept with.

When I came home from work early tonight and saw lights off, I figured you were working the late shift again. I didn’t know how you would react to the news that I was going to tell you. My stomach flipped with glee every time I thought about the surprise. Oh I hope you would be excited too. When I heard a noise coming from upstairs, thinking it was a robber or intruder, I grabbed a kitchen knife. When I went up to the bedroom, what I found was much worse.

Now we find ourselves here, me covered in your blood and hers and your now lifeless eyes staring at me frozen in fear look up at me. Blood flows from your stomach and neck in heavy streams. What I think is to be you’re intern is still bleeding from the multiple stab wounds, is still breathing, barely.  I walked to the other side of the bed and bent down to look into her shocked gaze so she could meet my emotionless ones.

“Didn’t your mother ever teach you not to sleep with married men? She must be worried about you since you barely seem past 19, still such a baby. You must know that he’s 10 years older at the least, do have anything to say before you die?” I said in a low voice.

“B***h.” She spat in my face which resulted in her adding more blood to my blood covered face. “He was going to leave your a*s soon for me because he wasn’t getting the attention he needed from you.” Her breath was getting shallower and shallower with each passing second, the blood freely flowing from her lips.

“I can prove to you that I have been giving him the attention he needs.” I held up the stick and watched her eyes go wide before I lifted the knife and it glitters in the moon light before I slashed her throat. Standing up to go to my closet and strip of my ,now red, silk dress to shower the filth off my skin then after I was done I put on some clothes and grabbed a duffle bag to put so other clothes in. Before I grabbed the door handle to leave I looked down at the little stick in my hand with the little plus sign on it and then touched my stomach with my free hand.

“Don’t worry little one, I won’t ever let you feel this kind of sadness.” That’s when I looked at the calendar and walked to into the night. “Happy Valentine’s Day to me."

© 2014 Maraina Cross


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

First of all, this needs a good edit.
The sentences in the third paragraph are a tad awkward, so I would look into that. I also noticed a few simple spelling mistakes which are an easy fix.
Okay now that i have my picky self put of the way let me comment on what I liked. First of all, i really love the way that you started the story, it kind of sucked me in and made me curious as to what you are writing about. Also, everyone ought to know that I am a gore lover, so I was so curious to see what was happening next. I would love to see this edited and expanded, because there is so much room for description here.
For example: When she slashes the girls throat you left it at that, when you could add something along the lines of: "Bright crimson poured over the smooth contours of her neck, staining the white sheets further with the vivid colour. Her eyes widened and her mouth gaped, as she sucked at the air, choking on her frothy blood. Then with one shuddering cough her eyes rolled back into her skull and she fell still, her pale body silhouetted against the dark red background."
There is so much more beautifully gory descriptions that could be made here! I cannot wait to see what you will do with this. Expand, describe, and your writing will soar.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
1 Review
Added on February 15, 2014
Last Updated on February 19, 2014

Author

Maraina Cross
Maraina Cross

WI



About
I just started to get into writing and would like to be more involved in the writing world. I am in a wheelchair and on a vent, but I don't let that stop me from going after my dreams. more..

Writing
I am I am

A Poem by Maraina Cross