DEVIANTS Ep.1 Scene 1

DEVIANTS Ep.1 Scene 1

A Screenplay by nadia
"

A group of teenagers soon discover that they have superhuman abilities. They come from different walks of life but all have something in common... a secret in their past. As it unfolds, they each begi

"

INT - AUDITORIUM - NIGHT

ALEXIS ( 13, bright eyed and pretty, wearing a white laced dress ) is standing on stage in front of a large crowd. She looks extremely nervous, and keeps popping her knuckles. A lady on the piano is a few feet behind her, waiting for her cue. ALEXIS looks out into the crowd.

Her mother, VIVIAN ( 38, very beautiful, wearing business attire) is seen sitting on the right side of the audience. The chair next to her is empty. ALEXIS had been expecting her father, DOMINIC to show up. Also, her brother, AARON, who was supposed to be performing with her.

VIVIAN sees her staring at the empty seat and shrugs sympathetically. ALEXIS closes her eyes for a moment and takes a deep breathe. Then she turns to the lady at the piano and nods. The song begins, and ALEXIS starts to sing.

CUT TO: AARON ( 15, quite handsome, and for the moment, shirtless) and DOMINIC (42, also handsome, and wearing a suit) driving in a black Jeep Rubicon. The night is foggy.AARON is changing in the passenger seat, pulling on the shirt he was supposed to wear while performing. His father, DOMINIC, is driving.

DOMINIC (to AARON)

She's probably already started.

AARON ( buttoning his shirt )

Yeah, but just in case, I'd rather show up prepared.

Could've had a delay, or something.

DOMINIC ( sighing )

Well, you wouldn't have to worry about this if you had just listened to me and gotten home in time. You could've drove with them, you knew I
was at work.

AARON (irritated)

Yea, dad. I got it the first few times you said it.
AARON is struggling with tying his tie.

DOMINIC
Need help?

AARON doesn't answer.

DOMINIC
Do you need-

AARON finishes )
Got it.

DOMINIC (continues)
This night was really important to your sister. You knew that, why would you-

AARON (cuts him off)
DAD! I get it, okay?! I've already apologized to you, and I will apologize to her when we get there. I'll make it up to her somehow. Can you please just concentrate on us getting there?

DOMINIC (raises his voice)
One, don't you ever talk to me like that again. Actin like I'm one of your friends, 
I'm not. And two, what were you doing that was so important, huh?

AARON doesn't answer. He's finished getting ready, and just leans on the car door with his elbow.

DOMINIC
Hangin with that kid again?

AARON stays silent.

CUT TO: ALEXIS on stage, singing beautifully. VIVIAN is smiling proudly up at her. A WOMAN next to her points at ALEXISALEXIS' voice carries on the background as the woman speaks to VIVIAN.

WOMAN
Is she yours?

VIVIAN (beaming)
Yes, you could tell?

WOMAN
Of course, the resemblance is undoubtedly clear. Her voice is so amazing, does she get it from you?

VIVIAN (laughing softly)
No, actually. That's the one thing she didn't get from me. Her father's the singer. 
Her brother gets that from him as well. He was supposed to be here, singing with her.

WOMAN
Him and his father running late?

VIVIAN (nods)
Yep.

WOMAN
Well, they're surely missing out on one heck of a performance.

VIVIAN (nods again)
Thank you.

The WOMAN smiles at her, then continues to watch the show. VIVIAN looks over at the empty seat next to her, then pulls out her phone.

TEXT: You almost here?

CUT TO: AARON and DOMINIC arguing in the car.

DOMINIC (jabs his finger at AARON)
I told you to stay away from him! Why don't you listen to me?!

AARON (loudly)
He's the only person I can talk to! Silas just understands me! We've got things in common.

DOMINIC
Like what?! You can talk to me! I'm your father, Aaron!

AARON
No, actually, I can't! You're always away! 
(puts up quotations)
Working.

DOMINIC
What's that supposed to mean?

AARON
Nothing.

DOMINIC (softly)
I know, it sucks..not having me around as much as you're used to. Your mom hates it, I hate it. It's a sacrifice i have to make to take care you you and your sister. It's because I love you and I don't-

DOMINIC's phone begins to buzz. He picks it up and reads the text from VIVIAN.

AARON
Texting and driving dad, seriously?

DOMINIC (ignores him)
She must've already started.

A beat.

DOMINIC (turns to AARON)
You know I love you..right?

AARON looks out the window, resuming his position with his elbow 
propped on the door. Then he notices something.

AARON (suddenly nervous)
Dad, why are we taking Harrison?

DOMINIC
It's a short cut. Why?

DOMINIC looks over at AARON, who is just staring ahead. He looks scared.

DOMINIC 
Aaron, what's wrong?

AARON worried )
Why didn't you take Wayford?

DOMINIC stops the car at a red light. But he doesn't notice that he's stopped in the middle of the intersection rather than behind the white line.

DOMINIC
Aaron, why does that matter? Are you trying to avoid-

AARON (suddenly pointing)
DAD!

An oncoming eighteen wheeler crashes into them on the drivers side.

CUT TO: ALEXIS still singing. She seems a lot more confident now. In the back of the auditorium, two OFFICERS come through the double doors. They speak to PRINCIPAL MEYERS ( woman, 36, polite and dressed in a pencil shirt and button up shirt ) who is standing in the back. PRINCIPAL MEYERS slowly makes her way to VIVIAN, and whispers in her ear. VIVIAN looks confused and a bit frightened, and follows PRINCIPAL MEYERS to the OFFICERS. She looks back at ALEXIS for a moment. ALEXIS sees her and looks on worriedly, but continues to sing. She watches as her mother disappears behind the double doors with the OFFICERS.

CUT TO: AARON and DOMINIC in their now completely wrecked vehicle. All of the windows are broken. They are upside down, and the car is caught on fire. DOMINIC blinks his eyes open and looks around for AARON. AARON is crumpled in the back, bleeding badly. He's on the ground. He wasn't wearing his seat belt.

DOMINIC (struggling with his seat belt)
S**t!

AARON moans, slowly regaining consciousness after a moment.

DOMINIC
Aaron, are you okay?!

AARON struggles to speak.

DOMINIC
Can you move?

AARON (faintly)
D..Dad?

DOMINIC hears the crunching of glass and looks outside of the window. He sees two pairs of boots coming towards them.

DOMINIC (back to AARON)
Listen, Aaron. I need to you move. I need you to try and get out. Please.

AARON's eyes flutter open.

AARON
Wh-what?

DOMINIC (panic in his voice)
Aaron, you have to move, NOW.

AARON (trying to sit up)
What about you?!

DOMINIC
I'll be fine, go. I love you.

AARON tries to move to DOMINIC but winces at a pain in his side. A large shard of glass is protruding from it.

AARON
Dad, why are you saying that? Why aren't you trying to-

DOMINIC (cuts him off)
GO!

AARON sees a pair of gloved hands grab at DOMINIC, and tries to move to him again. A force pulls him far back, jerking him out of the window and out into the street.

CUT TO: ALEXIS' voice sings in the background, as the OFFICERS speak to VIVIAN in the hallway. Their voices are inaudible, only ALEXIS' singing can be heard.

CUT TO: The street with AARONALEXIS' song is still in the background.

AARON is panting as he lays on his back in the street. He's a few yards away from the burning vehicle. He lifts his head painfully and watches as two men dressed in black and white suits reach into his car.

AARON thinks they're trying to help his dad get out and he watches on, hopefully.

The jeep suddenly explodes.

AARON screams.

CUT TO: VIVIAN falling into one of the OFFICERS arms, balling.

CUT TO: AARON crying.

ZOOM IN on his eyes, seeing the car burn in his pupils, as the last verse of ALEXIS' song is heard, fading into an echo as the screen cuts to black.


© 2016 nadia


Author's Note

nadia
ROUGH DRAFT OF SCRIPT.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this!!! I think it was written really well, and I hope this isn't the end of it! There has to be more!

Posted 7 Years Ago


nadia

7 Years Ago

there definitely is, c; thanks so much for the feedback, its much appreciated, and needed

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
1 Review
Added on September 27, 2016
Last Updated on November 28, 2016
Tags: action, teen, adventure, superpowers, teens, teenagers, powers, super, hero, highschool, series, screenplay, script, youngadult, thriller

Author

nadia
nadia

Houston, TX



About
21. Film Lover. Aspiring Filmmaker ♥ more..

Writing
Something Wicked Something Wicked

A Story by nadia


Arnold Friend Arnold Friend

A Screenplay by nadia