Don't fall in love with the Curious One

Don't fall in love with the Curious One

A Poem by alltheloveabove

Don’t fall in love with a curious one.

They will want to know who you are, where you come from, what your family was like.

They will look through your photographs and read all of your poems. They will come over for dinner and speak to your mother about how their curiosity has taught them things of use to her. They will ask you to rant when you’re angry and cry when you’re hurt.

They will ask what that raised eyebrow meant. They will want to know your favorite food, your favorite color, your favorite person. They will ask why.

They will buy that camera you liked, pay attention to that band you love in case there’s a show near by, they will get you the sweater you smiled at once. They’ll learn to cook your favorite meals.

The curious people don’t settle for your shell, they want the insides.

They want what makes you heavy, what makes you uneasy, what makes you scream

for joy, and anger, and heartbreak.

Their skin will turn into pages

that you learn to pour out your entire being in.

Don’t fall in love with the curious one.

They won’t let a sigh go unexplained.

They will want to know what they did

Exactly what they did to make you love them.

Year, month, week, day.

“What time was it? What did I say? What did I do?

How did you feel?”

Don’t fall in love with a curious one because I’ve been there.

They will unbutton your shirt

and read every scar

every mark

every curve.

They will dissect your every limb, every organ, every thought, every being

then walk back home and eat their dinner and never return your calls.

You will never be their lifelong expedition. The heart is a mystery only for so long.

There is no ache like loving a curious one

who chases every falling star and never catching one.

Who comes and sees and conquers

and leaves.

I’ve fallen in love with a curious one.
Maybe one day he will take the train back home
and be curious enough to read one last message from me
carved on a seat.

“There’s a curiosity in you that will move mountains some day

as effortlessly as you’ve moved me for years.”


"

Don’t Fall In Love With The Curious One" 

© 2013 alltheloveabove


Author's Note

alltheloveabove
I don't know who the original author is.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow...Felt like I already know this person very deeply. This is all so true, so sweeping...so meaningful in its entirety...i am blown away. It's quite emotionally intense and touching too. Kudos to the author of this write....and thanks to you for sharing this masterpiece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This truly touched me and made me teary eyed. I have no words for how this made me feel. Beautiful.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Are you not the original author?
How disappointing, nonetheless, this piece has such honesty and hurt in it. I can relate a lot to the "curious one". I see myself in that, and it is not my favorite aspect of myself. I love to figure people out, and even more so when I can't, but almost always can. And I hate it. This poem is beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Too late, I already did. :) Anyway, I adore this poem. You tackled the unique theme very well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Wow...Felt like I already know this person very deeply. This is all so true, so sweeping...so meaningful in its entirety...i am blown away. It's quite emotionally intense and touching too. Kudos to the author of this write....and thanks to you for sharing this masterpiece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The whole poem is great, it has much interesting detailed facts about how some people are and what their real objective is. Towards the end of the poem is as if the person interested wants to know everything to find a reason to fall out of love. Then this line from the poem '“There’s a curiosity in you that will move mountains some day as effortlessly as you’ve moved me for years.””, throws everything.

Posted 10 Years Ago


The poem is beautiful and true. People who want to know and discover all things. Will leave you one day to discover more. Thank you for sharing the poem. It was outstanding.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11687 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 17, 2013
Last Updated on July 6, 2013
Tags: curious one, relationship, love, heartbreak

Author

alltheloveabove
alltheloveabove

Geneva, Switzerland



About
Hi everyone :) My name is Jina Kim and I am more of a spontaneous writer, scribbling, or rather typing away furiously until I click 'submit.' Thank you for the reads and the reviews, it's highly app.. more..

Writing