Memories from the Past

Memories from the Past

A Story by Nancy Lee Shrader
"

First paragraph for contest

"

Chapter One

Memories from the Past

 

 

Nancy Lee opened her eyes as patches of sunlight fell across her pillow. Morning dawned bright and sunny without a cloud in the sky, nothing like that day three years ago, when evil loomed over her like a dark sinister cloud. The previous week had been dark and rainy, the sun only playing peek-a-boo with the engorged rainclouds, so this beautiful dawn was the light at the end of the tunnel. Nancy Lee just couldn’t imagine anything bad happening when the sun’s golden rays cascaded down like particles of fairy dust as the sun raised high in all its glory—a crowning halo effect on this light and airy spring day. The Evil had been kept at bay these past three years by her guardians from the spirit world. There hadn’t been another incident since that dark day in the library, when the evil made an attempt on her life. Of course she was always on guard, but today is too beautiful for the Evil to rear its ugly head in defiance.

 

© 2008 Nancy Lee Shrader


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful description and imagery. A lovely opening paragraph.

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is so lovely as well as touching, I can see distant hope in this.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 5, 2008
Last Updated on December 5, 2008

Author

Nancy Lee Shrader
Nancy Lee Shrader

Beckley, WV



About
Nancy Lee Shrader resides in Beckley, West Virginia. She is author of three books IS IT NOW? The End of Days! IS HE MESSIAH? Messianic Prophecies Revealed! And The Curse of Mayweather House Nancy Lee .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..