Old Oak Tree

Old Oak Tree

A Poem by Nancy Lee Shrader

 

Cameo Old Oak Tree
 
Oak Tree
Stands high on the hill
Many birds nests in its branches
Child climbs high
To a magical world of dreams
Old oak tree tells her stories
Of old

 

© 2009 Nancy Lee Shrader


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another great cameo

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well, I like this very much. It brings me down memory lane. There is something magical about a tree and a child. Some of my fondest memories as a child revolve around the cherry tree and weeping willow tree. Superb write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a beautiful, moving write that brings alive images of childhood and the tender passing of time...

Posted 14 Years Ago


I once visited a place back in the hills of Baja Mexico, where there was a stand of oaks in this little valley. It was a serene and special place. This poem reminded me of that place.
In Mexico, it is against the law to cut down an Oak.
Good, colorful work here.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Congratulations on winning the tribute-to-trees contest!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Lovely!

Posted 14 Years Ago


yea, this is a good piece. the description of an dear old oak tree, and you use a child and birds in the story is awsome.keep them coming.

Posted 14 Years Ago


It has a laconic quality to it. There is something that needs to be said, most definitely. I definitely dig the "choppiness" (for lack of a better word); it's not smooth - it's erratic, and it's well done. The simple imagery used is very powerful - I envisioned this archaic, ancient tree before I saw the picture you uploaded to accompany your work.

I have but one suggestion - the last two lines are a bit redundant. Even if they are read in the phrasing that they used, beginning and ending a thought with the same word ("old," in this case) leaves a mildly stale taste in my mouth.



Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2887 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 28, 2009

Author

Nancy Lee Shrader
Nancy Lee Shrader

Beckley, WV



About
Nancy Lee Shrader resides in Beckley, West Virginia. She is author of three books IS IT NOW? The End of Days! IS HE MESSIAH? Messianic Prophecies Revealed! And The Curse of Mayweather House Nancy Lee .. more..

Writing