Chapter 1, Romance at Domino High

Chapter 1, Romance at Domino High

A Chapter by Naomi Bloom
"

The first chapter of Joey and Yugi's high school romance.

"

Domino High School.  A fairly normal high school.  The danger starts when you leave it.  But even as Yugi, Joey, Tea, Tristan and Miho left their beloved high school, no highwaymen, monsters or gangs were in sight.  So, naturally, with not too much to do after school, romance might cross the mind of one in the do-good posse.  However, this time it crossed the mind of the most unlikely candidate.  It crossed Joey’s mind…


“Buh-bye guys!” Tea said as she went to her house.


“Oh, that’s where Miho-chan and I leave, too,” Tristan gushed, as he walked down another street with Miho Nosaka, his current object of affection.


“Well,” Yugi sighed, “I guess it’s just you and me.”


“And what a tragedy that is,” Joey said sarcastically.  Then he smiled as if he had a devilishly good idea, “Just us.”


Yugi smiled politely and said, “It’s good to have some one-on-one bonding time.  Right, Joey?”


“Oh, definitely,” he snickered.


“Did I miss something?” Yugi asked, “What’s so funny?”


“Uh, nothing, Yug,” Joey pretended to cough, eliminating the laugh, “I was just, um, wondering, if you would like to get together sometime for some bonding… Somewhere nice.”


“Really?!  Just us?” Yugi exclaimed, “I’d love that!  How about bowling or watching football or pretending to be American when this is clearly a Japanese cartoon?”


“Close.”


“Burger Palace or Milkshake Land?”


“Getting warmer.”


“Uh, A&W?”


“I was thinking more ‘La Vida del Presto Amore.’”


“I can’t even pronounce the name of that restaurant.”


“It’s Italian.  Don’t worry, they might have burgers on the kids’ menu.”


“Oh boy!  What time?”


“Hmmm… Eight?”


“Well, that’s a little past my bedtime, my grandpa’s too.”


“Your grandpa’s, eh?” Joey thought, “Perfect.”


“Can’t you think of some other time?”


“The only other time I’m free for an evening is tomorrow at seven pm,” Joey lied, “Take it or leave it.”


“Let me talk to Grandpa,” Yugi walked up to his house and knocked on the door.  Immediately a large, old head poked out.


“Hello Yugi, Joey!  How’s school treating you?”


“Ok, but I was wondering if we could have one special bonding evening together tomorrow at seven.”


“Seven?  You know that’s past your bedtime!”


“I know, gramps, but it’s a one-time thing, like New Year’s, just an outing!”


“Well I suppose if you don’t make this staying up late a regular habit, then, sure.”


“I promise.”


“Ok,” Grandpa Moto laughed and added, “I’ll see you, Joey, at seven pm sharp tomorrow, and you had better not come fashionably late!”


If looks could kill, Joey was just shot twenty times in the eyes with a black market machine gun.  The hot coals suddenly were doused with cold water.


“Goodbye, Joey!” he grinned.  Joey left, rubbing his eyes.  Despite the eye damage, he had a wonderful feeling about this date.  He skipped home.



© 2013 Naomi Bloom


Author's Note

Naomi Bloom
This is one of the first fanfics I have ever written. I wrote it in high school.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 2, 2013
Tags: chapter, joey wheeler, yugi moto, jounouchi, high school, domino, japan, romance, fan fiction, yugioh, yu-gi-oh, anime, manga, cartoon, animation, city, romeo, juliet, shakespeare, teenager, love


Author

Naomi Bloom
Naomi Bloom

Ontario, Canada



About
An amateur writer of poems, short stories and other types of writing. I recently graduated from university and I am trying to figure out what to do with my life. Victorian England, name meanings, be.. more..

Writing
Drowning Drowning

A Poem by Naomi Bloom