How To Have A Fabulous Weekend In Washington DC

How To Have A Fabulous Weekend In Washington DC

A Story by Natasha Ashway
"

A tongue in cheek guide based on my 100% true experience.

"
  1. Be A Good Girl

 

Everything starts from something and somewhere, whatever it is. To get good things, to ensure that the right things come your way, you must be a good girl!  There is room for naughtiness, but that comes later J.  So be decent, be kind, and be lovely.  Attract good things into your life by letting your guard down and opening your heart.  Throw away preconceived notions about how awful life is supposed to be and focus on the best life has to offer.  Keep your mind focused on your ideals, stay inspired, dream big and be good!

 

 

  1. Get A Beautiful Man 

 

He will come your way because you’re worth it, or you’ll just open your eyes and find him right in front of you!  So like him, love him, appreciate him, enjoy the moment as you get to know each other and don’t worry too much about definitions of what you are, as we generally tend to do.  Good company is the best thing in the world and even more so when you can look forward to traveling and having fun together.  Men are wonderful planners; they’ll check for the good flights and make sure everything is absolutely as it should be ahead of time.  It is great to have a living and breathing bundle of love that is not that traveling bear or laptop you stuff in your bag on trips!  There’s no greater essential tourist attraction than a couple walking down a city street.  It’s good to be one of them.  Trust me.  It’s a bonus when your man knows the city like the back of his palm because he’s lived there.  You just know it’s going to be an amazing, hassle free experience.  It’s also great when he’s beautiful and sexy but enough said.

 

  1. Go To Washington DC

 

It’s your destination, so get there, then.  Pack your bags, wake up, head to the airport with your man, and go.  It’s fun, every step of the way, breakfast or no breakfast, black coffee and or pretzels, awesome view to the right through the window, loving view to the left into your man’s eyes, and complete excitement. 

 

  1. Be Spontaneous

 

Buy that great silver handbag with those matching flat sandals topped with gorgeous stones that catch your eye.  You see them in a shop window at Union Station and you immediately want them.  Because while you’re aware that you’re not exactly at a station to shop you just know it’ll be perfect to wear for lunch with your man’s friends in an hour’s time.  Yeah, you only arrived in Washington 30 minutes before and haven’t reached your hotel yet but it’ll only take a second and he’s still eating his chocolate muffin where you’ve stopped for a quick snack.  Go for it. 

 

  1. Check Into Your Hotel

 

To have a fabulous weekend it’s only common sense that you stay in a fabulous hotel.  You’ve made reservations beforehand, obviously [or rather, your man aka walking testosterone love bomb, did]. You know what your room will look like from the pictures you saw on the hotel website, but it doesn’t take away the rush when you walk into it for the first time and realize once again that you’re really going to have a fabulous time!  Your hotel is situated in a perfect location; within a six-block radius of all the restaurants you’ll be having lunches and dinners.  It’s also a walking distance from the White House and the Monument, which it would make no sense to not go and see.

 

  1. Get It Started

 

So you’ve got all these things you want to do for the three days you’re going to be in Washington DC?  Well, get it started then.  You’ve both got lunch first at the Thai place a block away and from there your whirlwind weekend begins.  One of his friends is going to watch a new movie featuring your favorite movie actress?  Well, of course a group of you will be going to the movie later on!  A trip back to the hotel to rest and have some champagne later and then you’re both off again.  Excellent!  Spontaneous outings are fun, especially when you meet new and interesting people. And your original outing plans for the two of you are fun too.  There’s a Caribbean Parade on Saturday afternoon then?  That’s awesome, go!  And don’t forget to take your camera.  Yeah, end up at a Caribbean restaurant with more of the new friends you’ve made afterwards if you want, talk to your friends and family when they call and tell them what a marvelous time you’re having because you are J But then don’t neglect the weekend plan.  There’s a Smithsonian Folk life Festival the next day featuring Bhutan’s thirteen traditional arts you both were interested in seeing?  Go on and have fun.  Try out new things, get up on the stage to dance to Bhutan music, walk to the Texan Tents and taste good Texan beer.  Tastes good.  Or is it the live music in the park that makes everything feel good?  Whatever, enjoy!  Get your weekend going, enjoy one high after another, and don’t forget to squeeze in some sightseeing.

 

  1. Be A Naughty Girl

 

Of course you can be naughty now, and I’ll leave you to come up with whatever ideas you and your man come up with.  A good friend did mention strawberries are a plus, and you get them easily at a grocery store on one of your trips back to the hotel.  You still have those liqueur chocolates he got in Amsterdam to nibble on as well; it feels so nice to choose one from the box together, to unwrap and taste the different delicious flavors one after the other.  Your room time is your favorite time by now; you both wake up in the morning with smiles on your faces and everything is completely interesting or completely funny. Yeah, what?

 

  1. Mix It Up

 

You don’t overload yourselves with each other’s company – that’s completely unnecessary.  As much as you’re a couple and have traveled together you also are boy and girl, as well as separate individuals, and have different interests.  So you both take breathers for some moments and you can come up for air instinctively when you feel the need to. He can read the newspaper and study maps of India on the Internet and you can take long baths and randomly choose to watch an America’s Next Top Model weekend marathon on the hotel TV.  Whatever you please, individually, you’re on holiday for yourselves too, you know.  There are lots of mirrors, you like mirrors… there’s a three-part folding mirror that reflects images to near infinity…

 

  1. Do It Together

 

And yet you do everything together as well, and fall into one routine.  You brush your teeth at the same time, and most certainly leave the hotel room at the same time so that there’s really no need for that second hotel key card they gave you both at the front desk.  Nope.

 

  1.  No Goodbyes

 

It’s Monday afternoon.  Your flight is at 2:01pm.  Wait a minute, rewind – the weekend in Washington DC has been a total success! Awesome.  So yes, it’s Monday afternoon.

He nailed it; you nailed it, well done.  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday went by with no mishaps and plenty of fun, today he sees you off to the airport.  He’s staying on one day more for a business meeting and of course you’re sad.  But you also know he’s bought his plane ticket to join you again as soon as he’s back from his India trip. 

So no goodbyes now, just a kiss, kiss – there’s no need for silly parting phrases.  Make sure you do the kiss, kiss, though! Good. 

Time to go.  Your fabulous weekend has come to an end; yet your story together goes on, and you’re both fully anticipating more of anything at all.

No goodbyes.

 

 

Check out my recently published content on AC:
<br> <a href="http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/927899/how_to_have_a_fabulous_weekend_in_washington.html">How to Have a Fabulous Weekend in Washington DC</a>


 

 

© 2008 Natasha Ashway


Author's Note

Natasha Ashway
This piece was written to be both satirical and sincere at the same time - it's bittersweet humor and I dedicate it to a special man who will appreciate the smiling words. [did I get the chocolate muffin part right? Trying to remember what you had, this is supposed to be 100% true]. I write it down as a fond memoir but will appreciate responses. Thank you all for reading.
[I put in 'walking testosterone love bomb', Adam, and will submit article for further publishing!]

So thanks to Adam's advice this article has been further published, and is earning money on Ehow.com and AssosciatedContent.com!



My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very well expressed!

I was going to recommend publishing this story, but then I saw the note where you already had. Evidently they saw the same potential I did.

For anyone who follows this review and thinks of this as just a top ten list, I encourage you to look at the way the words pull the reader through, constantly entertaining the reader and maintaining their focus. At no time does the story slow down or speed out of control. The tempo is consistent and works toward the end without exhausting the reader.

A very wonderful piece, and I'm glad I read it. No suggestions to add, other than the fact this could work in any city. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very well done too Natasha! I hope to have a wonderful trip like this someday too.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very well expressed!

I was going to recommend publishing this story, but then I saw the note where you already had. Evidently they saw the same potential I did.

For anyone who follows this review and thinks of this as just a top ten list, I encourage you to look at the way the words pull the reader through, constantly entertaining the reader and maintaining their focus. At no time does the story slow down or speed out of control. The tempo is consistent and works toward the end without exhausting the reader.

A very wonderful piece, and I'm glad I read it. No suggestions to add, other than the fact this could work in any city. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is a really wonderful piece of writing. contains some humerous quips and still retains a sense of information that takes the reader on a journey. hope you managed to successfully get the writing in a few magazines.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ok, this is very good writing. I can picture it in a magazine. I don' know which one because I don't read them very often. But nonetheless I can picture it there. Without a doubt, highly paid, very fun, very cute, very readable, magazine material. And very professionally done. The ONLY thing I would suggest...
by number "5", I as the reader am wanting to hear different words substituted for "man", such as "beau", "hottie", "walking testerone love bomb" (you get the picture)... That is really the only suggestion. Otherwise I think it works VERY well and you should submit it to various mag's and make some money off of it! Let me know how you do...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Do you work for the tourist board?lol A nice write with great humour and fun chucked in. Never been ther myself but if I ever do I'll be sure to follow your advise.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting..and very funny too..Great job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an entertaining read! It has a 'real' feel to it, the flow and rhythm is perfect. I enjoyed traveling along with you!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey! This is great! :)
Specially the humor in it...I mean there is a great humor in it which I enjoyed the most..
And I could imagine your situation...It mean after reading it I found that it surely must be written on a personal experience...But hey! That's what life is all about I guess..Great work :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Got it - was a cinnamon bun - aha! x

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

328 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 3, 2008
Last Updated on August 7, 2008

Author

Natasha Ashway
Natasha Ashway

Here & Now, Canada



About
more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by Natasha Ashway


Dawn Dawn

A Poem by Natasha Ashway



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


I Run Away I Run Away

A Poem by Rain


Time Time

A Poem by Rain