After All

After All

A Story by _Hanabi_

I had a dream. It was about you and I. Things changed,time changed,we changed. We looked pass the negativity and hate that came our way. We went ahead and did as we pleased. They said I was crazy,they  said I would regret it all. I did n,t seem to mined,neither did you. We had had enough, they weren't the ones that had to live our lives. So,we left. Didn't know where we were going but we didn't care,as long as we had each other. Best decision we had ever made. Opened my eyes to new possibilities.
We made a life for ourselves.Things were going great. That's until problems occurred. We got low on money.So, you went out and got a job. Wasn't making much but I was contented.We had food in our mouths an a roof over our head.Life was perfect. We did everything together. But, nothing lasts forever. I got sick, you took me to a doctor. Turns out I was eating for two.Watched you every night sitting outside with this worried look on your face,I knew what you were thinking, "How are we going to raise a baby?".Time flew by,I got better then, since we found out the reason.I wasn't eating right. Eight and a half months down the road,was going to have a new years baby. Just one week after new years,I went into labor. We became the parents of a beautiful baby girl. We named her Isabella Anna-Marie. She grew up so perfect. She had your hair and your bushy eyebrows. Things turned out fine. Then as we were expecting, we had money troubles. We did the only thing we could do, we took Isabella back home to stay with my parents just until we got things straightened out. They were surprised, but we were welcomed back. We visited every weekend for six months. Just as we got things all together I was pregnant again. So you took me back to my parents. I spent allot of time teaching Isabella the basics...numbers ABC etc. Then her time came,we sent her off to kindergarten. Isabella was in school when I went into labor,my parents took me to the hospital and called you. We were again parents of another beautiful baby girl. We called her Carlene,after your sister. She had my hair. She was everything like me,reckless,wild,stubborn.But,she was the most caring. Finally,things were in order.Six years after,Isabella was now 10 and Carlene just turned 7. I was working as a library assistant and you were a I.T technician. We got our own apartment.Was really really great. You told me 3 weeks after we moved in you had something important to tell me.You had got promoted. Was the best news I had heard. Was also really great because we would need extra money. I was pregnant again. That year was hectic.The girls had so many things going on at school. Then a month after Isabella turned 11 I had the baby. This time was different,I felt it. Was a boy.A bouncing baby boy. We named him Patrick Ethan Nicholi. We called him Pat for short. He had your smile.By the time he was 3 his hair was already by his neck,he had your hair.We realized he had your ridiculous laugh at age 5.But,the strangest thing was, he developed my eyes by the age of 9. By that time Isabella was getting ready to leave for collage and Carlene just finished high school.

And,just like that,they grew up.
They left. Pat was the one that stayed in the country,he got engaged at 24. Isabella wrote to us from Mexico.Carlene came home after a bad break up and got a job at the library.
Well,what can i say? We made great parents after all.


© 2014 _Hanabi_


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

ok, i like this one better than your other stories, not that its really a large story arch so much as a description of a family going through growing pains. Theres alot that is not explained at all so as a reader alot of assumptions are made. It would be cool if you wrote a whole story out of one of these story premises, Id read and review it probably.

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
1 Review
Added on January 7, 2014
Last Updated on January 7, 2014

Author

_Hanabi_
_Hanabi_

Piarco, Not Available, Trinidad and Tobago



About
I'm a competitive swimmer and athlete. I love to read and write short stories and poems. I'm big fan of Harry Potter, Star Wars, Superman, Batman and basically all Marvel and DC comics and show.. more..

Writing
Times Out Times Out

A Poem by _Hanabi_


News To Me News To Me

A Chapter by _Hanabi_