The Truth

The Truth

A Chapter by Deepshikha
"

Arianna finds who she really is...Nothing like she expected.

"

That night, as I was getting ready, I had the stragest feeling. I felt like some thing was going to happen. I couldn't explain it. I just knew.

After I had started getting ready, Alex had called me, saying that the ice rink was getting repaired.

"What?" I had exclaimed. "And you didn't know this morning?"

He chuckled. "Yes. That's why I asked you."

"Alex! Now I've to pick out a totally different outfit!"

"Ari, you sound like a girl."

"Really? And I think, just the slightest bit, that I am! Isn't that amazing?"

Alex laughed. "I'm glad you're a girl, Ari. I really am."

"Are you saying you're gay?"

He sighed. "How'd we get on this subject anyway?"

"I don't know. So what am I supposed to do if I can't pick another outfit in time?"

"For God's sake! Just, just, go naked!"

I gasped, a slight warmth rising up in my belly. "I bet you would want that."

"Yes. I would. You're not the only one who has to get ready, you know."

"Men get ready?"

"Yes. We do. Now, before I hang up, do you want to know where we're going?"

"Keep it a suprise. That way, I can yell at you if you take me to let's say, in Kumo, and I'm wearing something suited for a wedding."

"Ari, Ari, Ari," he tsked.

"I love you too, Alex, but I've really got to get ready now."

"Ciao, then. Cara mia, ti vogilo bene," he said, dreamily in Italian.

"Amantes sunt amentes, Alessandro." I reminded him in the mother of Italian.

And then, we had laughed and hung up. I then proceded to shower and scrub my hair through with Herbal Essences. I dried, curled, made sure that the green streak in my hair was showing, and then waked into my closet.

My closet was huge. It was, oddly enough, five walled- not including the wall with the door. Three of the walls held racks where my shirts, sweaters, coats, and stuff hung. The wall directly across from the door held my jeans, skirts, pants, and the wall to the left of that held a mirror, a vanity, boxes of jewlery, and belts. The last two walls had my sheets and other odd knick-knacks. In the center of the closet was a persian rug, on top of which was a low tabler surrounded by seat cushions. Sighing, I walked to my racks of tops and searched for something casual, but Christmas-y. I leaned up to the rack where all my dressy shirts were and scrambled to find something that didn't look like something out of a Hermes' catalogue.

Finally, I chose a mint green, sleeveless top that wrapped around me, but had a shophisticated pirate-y look and grabbed some black washed skinny jeans and my beaded belt scarf to finish off the ensamble. I slipped on silver flats and ran a comb through my hair, not bothering to do anything but put in a small butterfly baret over my ear.

I rished out of my closet and downstairs, marveling at the fact that it had only taken me a half hour to get ready.



© 2009 Deepshikha


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow, interesting closet.
is it mirrored after yours?
anyways, this one's really short!!!!
so that means the next chapter has to be oober long!!!!!!!!!!!
jeez, you've caught my attention again, deep.
you're the only one who can, too.
bravo on this story.
it's definitely unique, and...... YOU'D BETTER FINISH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bravo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


gosh i want closet.........i like chrismasy....christmas good....school bad....

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 9, 2008
Last Updated on January 30, 2009


Author

Deepshikha
Deepshikha

Where Time Passes, PA



About
This is archive for the poetry I've written, spanning back from when I first started writing in 2007. I mostly write fiction now and don't post it on here. Enjoy if you'd like. I'm Deepshikha. .. more..

Writing
stagnant stagnant

A Poem by Deepshikha



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Preps Preps

A Poem by Deepshikha


My Angel My Angel

A Chapter by Deepshikha


The New Kid The New Kid

A Chapter by Deepshikha