I am stardust.

I am stardust.

A Story by Deepshikha

I am a remnant of one of the most powerful objects in existence, from the eyes that see the world around me, to the oxygen that keeps me alive. I was created when a star, a super-giant red star, too heavy to continue fusion, collapsed, blasting oxygen, nitrogen, iron and the other parts of me into space. The threads of my life began when the nebula that remained of that once majestic and violent star began forming into another star, and with it, a small, insignificant, blue planet.

 

I am a product of nuclear fusion.

 

The same elements that make up my body make up the other stars in the universe. All seven septillion of them. The basic elements that I could not live without make up stars of unfathomable size. Stars so big that it would take billions of lifetimes to simply walk around their surfaces.


I am part of this universe.

 

Every cell in my body, every molecule, every strand of DNA, every tiny cell is part of this universe. Even though I stand on an insignificant planet in the outer arms of a galaxy in the farthest parts of a populous super-cluster, I am part of this universe.

 

I am alive.

 

Though I cannot do much, though I am insignificant in the scale of this universe, I am alive. I am here, in this moment, taking in this world around me. I am a miracle, a product of simple evolution, and the ever-pervasive force that is life. I am existing, I am here, and I am alive.

 

I exist.

 

And though I cannot change the world around me, I can let a butterfly land on my open palms and let it take a wish -- a will, a force -- into the universe. I can gaze at the sunrise and enjoy this life as it is. I can breathe fresh, crisp air. Air that gives me life, air that came from stars.

 

I am stardust.

© 2011 Deepshikha


Author's Note

Deepshikha
So I originally wrote this in a facebook note, and decided it was worthy, ahaha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This would make a great book :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 1, 2011
Last Updated on February 1, 2011

Author

Deepshikha
Deepshikha

Where Time Passes, PA



About
This is archive for the poetry I've written, spanning back from when I first started writing in 2007. I mostly write fiction now and don't post it on here. Enjoy if you'd like. I'm Deepshikha. .. more..

Writing
stagnant stagnant

A Poem by Deepshikha