Winds of Death's Family

Winds of Death's Family

A Story by Navara-Desen
"

A week away from a fire. What more will Death's young girl watch be taken away.

"

                I walked through the forests, the mountains, the plains; I walked through it all just to get away from people. There was not a place I could go. Everywhere I went the life of humans walked next to me, everything around all had humans hand touching it day after day. There was no place for me to call home; no place where I could live without killing others first.

                I walked as the chilling wind blew through the air. A wind so could it felt colder than ice to most people and was like the warming sun to me. It made me realized that I was alive, even if it was a small spot; I was living a life. No matter how many times my decaying father told me otherwise, the chilling wind, the freezing rain, the burning fire; all told me I was living a life. Even if it was a life being taking away in front of me I still couldn’t ignore the small things that told me I was alive. Even if I wouldn’t die down, stop falling, or burn out; I was alive.

                I soon stopped and rested against a dead tree. The tree had long been dead, with it rotten to the core and branches that had long since fallen off. There was no grass around the tree, but cold frozen dirt dyed slightly red as if something bled by the tree. There was no life besides stranded blades of grass a decent ways away from the tree. The tree was like me in that regard, nothing could live around it and what did, surely died not too much later. I watched as the clouds went by and the wind picked up again. I closed my eyes, leaning more against the tree.

                “Why do you run away from me? Why do you assume you can live with these humans and have them be alive still?”

                Because I don’t want to spend my life in the pits of darkness and despair thank you very much. I don’t need people to be around me father, this tree is dead yet it still stands perfectly fine.

                “Does it really?”

                Before he could finish the tree broke and I slammed into the hard frozen dirt. I sat up and rubbed my aching head. I didn’t get it, if I’m something that can’t die why I feel pain. I reached the conclusion that I was just the wind. Something ever so present in everyone’s life but not cared for. An existence that blows through and then leaves without anything caring anymore and much like the wind I will eventually stop. The wind slows down and disperses much like I felt I did whenever I saw someone. It would slam into a boulder, a person, a tree, a bush, an animal; it would slam into them and cause them misery.   Everything the wind did was much how I felt, no matter how distant it seems. Though I would never reach the sky like it has, I would be stuck on the ground, taking away any life that walked my path. Causing a bone chilling pain to surge through them, like a chilly wind on a winter day. Any way you looked at. I was much too like the wind.

                “Brother there’s a girl over there!”

                I sighed.  Someone had found me again. A voice so full of life and happiness trailed off into the wind, the same wind that reminded me I was alive like it was.

                “Don’t care about everything sis. Just let her be.”

                That voice was much like that of an idiot claiming the wind was unimportant. Whoever it was, I knew someone out there claimed the wind wasn’t important much like he claimed I wasn’t. Though for this moment I was relieved, I didn’t want someone to die already; it has only been a week since the family burned to a crisp like the wood in the fire I created.

                “Hey! What you doing out here all alone? Don’t you have friends or a family to be with?”

                Before I knew it the girl started pestering me and even tapped me on the shoulder. I noticed her immediate draw back when she touched my shoulder. She noticed how dead my skin felt, how it was a cold as the wind. As cold and the wind that blew by as she was touching me.

                “Come on sis. Lets go.”

                I noticed the man pull the young blond haired girl away from me. She was still staring at me in shock and I couldn’t help but let out a laugh. As I laughed both stopped dead in their tracks as if the wind just chilled them to their very core.

                “Yes. Go live what little time you have left of your laugh.”

                I knew my voice echoed into their very core. My voice was darker than the depths the darkness my father wished me to descend to.  I spoke ever so rarely because even the sound of it shocked creatures into fear and panic much like the pair in front of me now. They didn’t move and I notice the hair stand out and the minor shakes go throughout their body. I laughed again, causing them to shiver once more and stood up, leaving on my way.

                I didn’t say another word as they just stood there. I knew they would soon be like the wind I could relate myself too. They have run into their blockage and the only option left for them was to disappear.  

                “Don’t you have friends or family to be with?"

The only family i have is dead thanks to you taking her away from me.

"You took her away. You were the one who killed her."

And with that, the accursed chilled wind blew by again.

© 2013 Navara-Desen


Author's Note

Navara-Desen
I thought to try to make another little short story about death's little girl. I guess in a weird sense this could a sequel to A flame in darkness i wrote a little while ago. Not as good as the other one but i couldn't seem to get in the right mood again. Even if i wanted to write it. Gawr makes not sense but thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 2, 2013
Tags: winds, of, death, family, grim, reaper, daughter, a, flame, in, darkness, chilling, dying, alone, nothing, taken, away, mother, father, killed, girl, brother, tree, fiction, about, shadows, burning, haunting

Author

Navara-Desen
Navara-Desen

MA



About
Hi! My name is Erica, though writing wise i love using the name Navara-Desen. So you can call me either Erica or Navara i really don't mind either. Now a little about me? hmm...where shall i begin. .. more..

Writing