Tears , rain drops and wrecked hearts

Tears , rain drops and wrecked hearts

A Story by Navod Shyamal
"

A story about a young boys feelings when his girl friend dies in a terrorist bombing in the capital city

"

He felt his heart throbbing with pain and for a moment he forgot the world around him. He  never had a shock like this before in his life , he walked towards her but he felt as if legs would not move, he felt as he had to spend an eternity to go towards the coffin. As he walked near the coffin, he was able to see the features of her more clearly, her delicate skin looked pale and lifeless, he could no longer see the eyes whom he loved, they were tightly closed not for now, for forever, as tears rolled down his cheeks he walked out, he had seen enough..

         He walked down the lawn, towards the broken boat near the river bank, he sat on it and stared into clear waters of the lake beside him. The lotuses were still in full bloom but he felt as if his heart had withered away near the coffin.

            “why her?” he asked himself, he knew people died in a war and he knew that the terrorists attacked certain places in the capital , but he never  thought that he would be victimized by such act, he could not imagine even in his worst nightmares that they would take away the life of whom he loved so much, the life which did not harm a fly, the one who filled the hearts of everyone around her with happiness.

       No matter how hard he tried to think he could not understand why life had been so evil to her. he pictured her as a child when they used to play by the river with their toys, for eighteen years she had been more than just the one he loved, she filled the place of the sister which he didn’t have, she was his best friend, the only one who understood him and the only one whom he listened to and for a  moment he felt as he had not lost one person but several people.

he hated his life, it seemed so purposeless and hopeless.

 “No” he thought

“i will not allow this to happen to anyone else” he had paid his price, he knew that there was nothing that he could do to save what was lost. nothing in this world would bring her back….. all he could do is make sure that nobody else would go through the pain he felt, he looked at the sky above it had darkened while he was sailing in the sea of thoughts…….

           he came back to his senses when the rain drops from above washed away his tears along with thunder which tortured his ear drums. he knew it was time to go, to walk on the path of  vengeance

© 2012 Navod Shyamal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 9, 2012
Last Updated on November 9, 2012
Tags: War, hurt, Terrorist, Sri lanka, nature, violence

Author

Navod Shyamal
Navod Shyamal

Colombo, Western, Sri Lanka



About
I'm a freelance writer from colombo :) more..

Writing