The Cashier

The Cashier

A Story by violetta york / nicki elle
"

for a contest "short story contest"

"
Its hard to say I didn't know what I was getting myself into when I pulled up to this house.
"When was the last time I had been here.." I muttered to myself.
The voice in my head told me not to forgive him, yet I did. Over and over again, punished by my own weak will and the devil inside me...and him.
The abusive man, the love of my life. The cashier, the friendliest cashier you've ever met; was an evil man, controlled by a dark, force of evil.
I fell in love with those blue eyes, the dark hair; soon I was even in love with the beatings.
Was dinner not cooked on time for him? I was slapped. 
Was the house too dirty for him? I was kicked.
Chunks of hair on the floor and dry mascara on my face, I was back once again. 
Was I here for more? Only time could tell. The story he would tell, "I changed." 
My stomach twisted into a knot, my tongue into a tie; it was time to leave.
Drive away, my mind told me, drive away.

© 2012 violetta york / nicki elle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I hope she drives away! Short but a nice insight into the histories and attachments of an abusive relationship. More emotion would bring it to the next level.

Posted 11 Years Ago


violetta york / nicki elle

11 Years Ago

Thank you! And thanks for the review :)
I really like this. I wanted something like this when I thought of the sentence. Things people knew they were getting into when they should know better. I'm glad she drove away. This is a great take on my one line. Very imaginative. I love it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


violetta york / nicki elle

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :) this review made me smile :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 8, 2012
Last Updated on November 8, 2012
Tags: dark, abuse, domestic abuse, contest, short, story

Author

violetta york / nicki elle
violetta york / nicki elle

chicago, IL



About
sun ♓ / moon ♐ / rising ♌ young girl in love trying to find my way. instagram: nickiielle tumblr: petaleyes.tumblr.com more..

Writing