Cruising the Curious

Cruising the Curious

A Story by Neeraj V Murali
"

Just an article which I wrote for the School Newsletter and it was published :) There was a word limit of 350 Words

"

Cruising the Curious!


An Article

by

Neeraj V Murali

 

            Curiosity is the mother of Invention. Inquisitiveness endangers, sneaking destroys but Curiosity helps prosper. It has been the uncrowned Emperor of the world, ranging from the Neolithic age to the Mesolithic age. No one has questioned either its presence or its vitality. Offsprings’ of Adam and Eve, discovery of fire, wheel and what not, Curiosity has been in the limelight. It has never been brushed aside, it is lethal as well as a promising treasure.  Many have paid the price for fiddling with it; many have prospered for having rendered it the proper homage.  Curiosity is combating an intruder " Computer. It created it and it itself is being shackled off by it. No sooner did computers appear than they wiped out everything from the face off the earth. Ruling the roost, an army has been lashed out against curiosity. It is a public disgrace; a conspiracy to swipe away the last remains. Curiosity is fighting back; reeling under pressure to retire; not needed any more. Huh! What a conspiracy! Everyone is chanting the same mantra - to ‘google out’ a way to their problems. No need to think, no need to invent, no need to be curious. Why take the hard way out? Why be curious when you can be remote controlled by a computer? The tinge of curiosity in the veins seems to have vanished into thin air. Development is inversely proportional to level of curiosity in an individual. Development = easy life is the universal formula. Develop more and tend to lose another major part of your curious sense of thinking. Pampering is one thing, but Computers are taking humans under their wing firmly. It is an eagle’s clasp; daring to escape is useless. Resistance is futile; the rein is being passed and changes are sweeping all over. I haven’t got anything against computers but holistic development is of essence. Why develop when we are losing interest? What purpose does it serve?  It is up to humanity to ponder over its loyalty! Think, think and think! Don’t depend, be independent!!

© 2014 Neeraj V Murali


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is cool Neeraj! I like the concept. I also agree with you.... too much technology. Great job! ^.^

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neeraj V Murali

9 Years Ago

Thanks Chelsea.. :D
Konigin

9 Years Ago

You're welcome Neeraj! XD
Woah, Neeraj, that was a really really good piece, I'm impressed by your thinking and the presentation is splendid. You are really young yet you ponder about it in such depth. Great going buddy, my wish for you is donot stop writing, you show real talent. The curiosity that you are talking about, freeing your soul. Writing is something that will keep it alive. Just keep on writing, may it be a story, an article or a poem or just gibberish dont stop writing, this piece is a passionate write. Keep doing it, write anything with passion.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Neeraj V Murali

9 Years Ago

Thanks :) It took me an hour, because of the word limit, but it was fun..... :)
New Theory

9 Years Ago

You are welcome
This comment has been deleted by this stories author.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 18, 2014
Last Updated on May 18, 2014
Tags: cruising, curious, article

Author

Neeraj V Murali
Neeraj V Murali

Delhi, India



About
I am a teenager and am aiming to become a successful author. I love to read books. My all time favourite author has been Enid Blyton, Charles Dickens and Rk Rowling...... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ask Me Ask Me

A Poem by Vidya Bacchus