The Fallen

The Fallen

A Story by Neko Green
"

3 : 4 Genesis: and the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die.

"
She reached out long ebony fingers and gently stroked his back, humming a melody she could never bother to remember the words to, but always sing the tune. Her rings numbered many, too many, rings that scratched the captive’s back, dug into his spine and found his blue-steel nerves leading to his brain, penetrated his mind until the pain was sharper than the bleeding cuts on his wrists from his inescapable chains.

She had arrived so long ago, and yet she had not left, nor said a word. gloating over her prize, she murmured honeyed words to him, and with each light quip or phrase she muttered with a flirtatious shift of her eyes, she stroked his chin and spine lovingly, expecting a reaction.

He didn’t care, and his apathy amused her. A light, musical laughter bubbled out, and her ruby-red lips parted on a cracked, pale mouth, unused to speaking anything but lies.

Leaning down, she planted a brittle winter kiss on his neck with the heat of a summer sun, and stayed there a second, loving the way her breath stirred the hairs on the back of his neck. Then she moved to his ear, and with an eerily low voice murmured, “I'll make a deal with you.”

Her body was snakeskin and lavender oil, twisting around his body and embracing him so tightly his chest constricted with a rattling breath, and with a dark thump of his heart he realized that he couldn’t breathe.

“You give me your soul,” she breathed, now at his other ear, her tangle of hair growing wilder and her eyes slanting, “And I set you free. Poor thing, who dared to trespass on His grounds.”

He didn’t say a word.

“I won’t let any harm come to you, my love,” she slithered, her words a faint thrumming in his mind. She was now a snake, a large ruby snake with the clearest blue eyes and a woman’s heat. She whispered, softly, threateningly, “It was not I who did this to you, dearest one. Remember that.”

The man stirred, and she knew she had him. She could feel the red hot need for revenge burning under his left breast, a gaping hole where his heart had been.

“You are temptation,” he whispered hollowly.

“I am temptation, and I will tempt”

With a last squeeze, she was suddenly woman again, and then she laughed her magical laugh, tracing the mystic symbols of the chains on the captive’s hands. They broke under her cruel but gentle nail’s touch, and she picked up the fallen one, triumphant in her victory. He was hers. She was his. Nothing would ever separate them. Not fate, not life, not choices nor good nor evil.

Not even Him.

“Temptation and Lucifer.” she tasted the words together, and smiled in an expression that couldn’t be taken as anything but the darkest and most volatile of love.

“Forever.”

© 2010 Neko Green


Author's Note

Neko Green
I am not religious, and there is no hidden message or anything. Just an idea that snowballed into words that poured out of my fingertips onto the keyboard.
Enjoy.
(c) Neko Green 2010

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

set someone free but take the ones soul. smart, but i guess there are no other option... good write. it was interesting.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice, Thanks For Sharing

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

389 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 20, 2010
Last Updated on May 20, 2010
Tags: snake, temptation, neko, green, lucifer, the, fallen, serpant, angel

Author

Neko Green
Neko Green

NY



About
Well, I live off writing. I eat it, I drink it, I sleep it, I do it when I'm supposed to be doing work. My characters drag me along for the crazy ride as fast as my fingers can type. They often get im.. more..

Writing