Ten True Things About Me

Ten True Things About Me

A Story by Saichiro Wolftotem
"

Written for a contest

"

I kill people.

 

It's not generally a thing nice persons will do, but I feel I have a real knack for it. It's easy when you have a face like mine. Easy to gain their trust. Easy to smile. Easy to beckon.

 

I have one of those faces that others find endearing.

 

I like to think of it as one of those little godsends that happens to be ironic from a religious point of view. If 'God' didn't want me to slaughter people and use my blood-slicked fingers to inspect their innards with joy then why would He give me such a talent paired with my chiseled jaw and baby blue eyes? Suspicionless eyes.

 

I never bring my 'work' home.

 

It would be like eating in the bathroom. Although it's the same action and supposedly nothing is different for it, the thought of killing in my immediate surroundings is...distasteful. I don't clean up like all of the fantasy cop shows tell you to either. I've never seen the point. I go in sterile, yes (I'm not stupid), but so long as the deed is far enough away from my home there is no need for disposing of my leavings.

 

The police have been looking for me for years.

 

This is not a point of attention, it is a FACT of hunger for human death. I don't advertise the way my less composed colleagues will. The police working their tedious reports on my various actions will never receive a note from me. Nor a hair. Nor a whisper of my inner workings. That would be true sloppiness, not the human detritus I leave behind me after the mirth has faded.

 

I grew up in a healthy home.

 

I never kicked the cat. My mother was happily married to my father until she died of cancer two years ago. My father still lives in another state, retired and being generally normal. I have had no head trauma. I wasn't raised near a chemical dump. There is no scientific explanation for why I have such wonderful society-damned cravings, but there they are. Work, commute, home, sleep, food...

 

My cravings are always right beneath the surface.

 

I keep them in check, but occasionally it is more than difficult. The irrate balding man at the checkout counter in front of me, yelling at the hapless clerk for something she has no power over and doesn't get paid enough to deal with. The cute flight attendant that would look so much better in several pieces over a larger area. The man who chose the urinal immediately to my right despite there being a multitude of others to choose from. I have a system. I keep to my system and it keeps me safe. Those people would never know how very close they came to their own mortality.

 

I would rather be taken apart myself than die quietly in my sleep.

 

I couldn't tell you why. It just seems fitting. Not justice, just ironic poetry. An ending as equally artful as all the endings I have caused. There have been dreams I've had about this, and after each I woke supremely content. I have never seen my dismantler, though, and the very probable thought that I may never find someone willing to fulfill my literal dying wish near the end disheartens me a bit.

 

I have had 68 'victims' in all.

 

I prefer not to call them victims. They do scream and beg and carryout all of the things a body is supposed to do to prevent itself from coming to an end, but I don't imagine myself as nefarious as to have 'victims'. I prefer to call them 'liberations'. I have fun taking apart the corpse while it is still warm of course, but really? Their pain is over. A small pin-prick's worth of pain, comparitively speaking, and then they don't feel anything. My liberations don't have to wither slowly under chemo-therapy or choke to death in that tragic boating accident. My liberations no longer feel tooth aches, stomach aches, or heart aches. They won't 'win' by outliving everyone they loved.

 

I am alone, but I am not lonely.

 

I live in a large city, in an apartment. By myself. I like the quiet as it helps me plot and plan. A lot of care goes into each kill and I take a lot of steps to ensure that each one is unique and special. This one gets to stew in a bathtub of their own blood. That one will get disassembled and reassembled a little different. Yet another strung up like beautiful holiday lights dripping crimson. I make sure they are all carefully considered. What the house looks like. Where the liberation goes during the night. I work houses with only one or two people in most cases. Across town from my apartment as I mentioned before and might I say...

 

Your lawn is lovely.

© 2013 Saichiro Wolftotem


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh my gosh!!! Spine tingles :D :D :D :D I love this!!! I'm a little too morbidly obsessed with missing persons/weird deaths (much to my parents' worry) so this really hit the spot!! The last paragraph and line really freaked me out and then I thought to myself hahaha!!! I live in a family of seven!!! Take that!!!
And then I thought...oh my gosh...I'm home alone right now.....
AAHHHH!!!! Sorry, I have to go lock myself in a closet and start practicing my evasive maneuvers and blood-curdling shriek...just in case

Great job!!!! :D :D :D :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Really good story. Convincing. I felt more like i was being spoken to by a person with these thoughts and feelings than I did that I was reading fiction. Creepy.

For a minute, I thought the plot twist was that you were ruminating these thoughts out, while strapped to your captor's work table and these were the moments of a final good bye, before someone else's blade made it's first cut.



Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This really makes me realize that so many people around me who seem normal are not so normal after all. I respect the undying passion the character has. The ending is just so in your face. Like a monster saying "BOO!" and the reader just faints.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a wonderful story!
One of the best I've seen regarding serial killers.
You didn't need to humanize or unhumanize this guy; he just kind of bled his own style and character out onto the page, and I enjoy it. The best of a fictional killer is the complexity, the mind behind it.
Not as a justification or an explanation, but to add complexity and detail to such brutality.
You've pulled off a rather terrible person without becoming too gruesome in description or melodramatic, and I applaud this work. Nice job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Saichiro Wolftotem

9 Years Ago

Thank you, thank you. ^_^
This is really good! So creepy! The last paragraph was so freaky!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Saichiro Wolftotem

10 Years Ago

Thank you! I was needing a real punch and I think that worked nicely.
-grin-
I just love the "everyday" monsters hidden among us, don't you? They do far more damage than any fantastical creature could ever do and are usually far more evil. Perhaps because they could be anyone..
Wonderful look into the mind of one. Loved the ending. Also this character is not only ridiculously interesting, but you have left this open to possibly write more on him. I do hope in the future that you will.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hey!!!! You won!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Man, I knew I forgot something!!!!! *stands up and gives standing ovation*
Ahhh.....much bett.. read more
Saichiro Wolftotem

11 Years Ago

lol, I'll do just that. You wait here. *runs off*
Becca Bishop

11 Years Ago

Excellent. Can you imagine me an evil laugh right here? I'm not very good at them :(

TO.. read more
Oh my gosh!!! Spine tingles :D :D :D :D I love this!!! I'm a little too morbidly obsessed with missing persons/weird deaths (much to my parents' worry) so this really hit the spot!! The last paragraph and line really freaked me out and then I thought to myself hahaha!!! I live in a family of seven!!! Take that!!!
And then I thought...oh my gosh...I'm home alone right now.....
AAHHHH!!!! Sorry, I have to go lock myself in a closet and start practicing my evasive maneuvers and blood-curdling shriek...just in case

Great job!!!! :D :D :D :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Ooh. This is bone chilling.
It seems you've crept right into the head of a sociopath and splayed that person's thoughts all over this web page. This character of yours (I hope not yourself) is a real piece of work. This character has a perfect rationalization of his/her actions and shows no remorse at all.
Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Saichiro Wolftotem

11 Years Ago

Yeah...let me clarify: it's not me. I'm female, lol. Thanks for the review! It's strange how the thi.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 27, 2012
Last Updated on January 30, 2013
Tags: ten, true, things, about, me, contest, entry

Author

Saichiro Wolftotem
Saichiro Wolftotem

San Antonio, TX



About
I'm a craftster and generally chronically bored person. I like entertainment of the non-screen-based variety. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..