God Knows my name and He knows yours, too!

God Knows my name and He knows yours, too!

A Story by Vanessa Richardson
"

Not every dark cloud mean it is going to rain. It only looks like it. You are not defeated despite what negative circumstances dictates to us. You are winner!

"

 

 

 

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~

 

She was suddenly hit hard. The unexpected impact sent her sprawling to her knees. She could hear the incessant sound of the rain, pelting against her large bedroom window. It was all a strange phenomenon, to her. Dark billowy clouds had gathered, hovering and intimidating. It was an remarkable sight. The howling winds were a frightening thing to hear. The ominous sound caused chills to dance over her slight frame.

 

The forcefulness of the blow was numbing. There on her knees, she was paralyzed with disbelief.  She could not move! Watching the hands of time move on her mantle clock, revealed only moments had passed. To her it seemed an eternity; hurt can make time feel that way. Hurt painful claws were fiercely embedded in her, refusing her release. The pain was enough to cause a normal person to lose their sanity. A glance around the room revealed nothing had changed. Her bed was still neatly made up, her mass of pillows were still in order.

 

Her Bible was on the right side of her nightstand. Her slippers were by her armoire, as she left them. Nothing had changed. Yet, for her everything had changed in a moment’s time.She could not breathe! She felt as though she was in a movie; cast in the wrong role. Enough! Raising her chin; she decided that she would no longer play role of the helpless victim. It was time for a change. Yet she needed answers.  She pondered to herself. What were the right answers? What should I do? How could this have happen? Why me? 

Her kneeled position would be the beginning of her transition. For it was there on her knees, she began to pray. Normally words would fail her, (hurt can do that to a person) today was different. She encompassed with words begging for release and she obliged them with out restriction. With the winds howling ferociously and the rain continuing its descent, still on her knees, her words flowed, as did her tears. It was ugly but necessary. She was in the right position, there on her knees. However, the unction to get lower was strong. You see, some people have to dig a little deeper, stretch a little wider than others do.

 

Stretching out on her stomach, the words continued to flow. Suddenly, startled, she looked around the room in question; for a brief moment, she thought she heard the faint call of her name. There in her humbled prayer position, she made a self-conscious decision (and it was a decision) to be free. Praying not out of defeat but belief, she fought past the pain and called God’s name. Time lapsed, how much she may never know, but what she did know was this–prayer works. She prayed in the storm and God guided her through it. She prayed the necessary prayer of the ugly and God made her feel like new. This was the process: she prayed, believed, and received. Renewed, she got up smiling, she dried her eyes assured that everything was going to be all right. As if consenting, in agreement, the rain had suddenly stopped and the wind had calmed. What a phenomenal display of authority! At this, she was reassured; that she is never forgotten nor forsaken, God knows her name and he knows yours, too!

 

 

Artwork courtesy of WAK

© 2008 Vanessa Richardson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't believe I have ever been overcome by praying, but to read your story kept mr reading, kept me wanting to know what did happen, made me want to know how she got on the floor in the first place and then I was pulled into and felt your need to be prostrate. It could be a very good one act play because it is extremely visual the way it stands. I can see the set and the actress. All we need is opening night to arrive and have a chosen span of time to be at the edge of our chairs. Who would you have play the lead?

Posted 15 Years Ago


oh what beautiful piece,wonderful i kept reading to the end so exciting ,you were lost ,it was raging and raining like mad out there,you felt in surprise as being hit hard ,time seemed like to have stopped and you are right,you feel like the world has halted for a while and time just will not move as you knelt down on your knees and began to prey for you decided to sop the role of being always the victim there should some answers to this so you kept preying,and found out that kneeling down was not enough to subdue to him so you lied on your belly,yes you wanted to get lower and lower ,why not it sounds reasonable,preying to God not out of defeat but out of belief,what lovely ,she preyed believed and received,and you got up smiling ,but off course dear ,i am sure of how you felt,renewed smiling and reassured,and yes as if in agreement the rain calmed down,and you are reassured you are not forgotten nor forsaken,God knows your name ,God knows all ,and you finally got your peace,and i congratulate you for it ,what a great writing ,i was missing a lot before i knew you are her ,thank you for a wonderful writing,moayad

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2008
Last Updated on August 29, 2008

Author

Vanessa Richardson
Vanessa Richardson

NC



About
Vanessa Richardson is an author, poet, and playwright. Vanessa has written several stage productions and has been blessed to perform them at various venues. Her stage production includes Mama Rainey,.. more..

Writing