Pseudopodia

Pseudopodia

A Story by New Theory
"

Why is time always in a hurry???

"
Human being is an arrogant species which believes that it was created to rule the earth. It wasn't though. I, you, we thought we were conscious beings, ready to rule and masters of our destiny but we are not. What if I was to tell you something different, What if I told you that whatever you had heard from your forefathers was the truth and also the lie at the same time.

They perceived it in different ways and thus named it god. But do you know how god looks. I know how it looks. But no one believes me. They are just too far much engrossed in their own pathetic beliefs to believe me. They deny everything I say, call me a crazy but I am not, I am not a crazy person. I have seen the truth of what god is and what it is, is not at all happy with what we were trying to accomplish. 
I tried to warn them, I tried but they wouldn't listen to me. Dr. Kent and Dr. Blanc. So I killed them, but you see it wasn't I who killed them. It was God. It was him and he made me do this. I am not crazy.

They just wouldn't listen to me.

"We are doing God's work." Dr Kent had said.

God's work!!! God didn't want this, you wanted this Dr Kent and see now what happened. You are dead, if only you would had listened to me on today.

"We have finally cracked the key to immortality." Dr Blanc announced last night in front of Dr Kent and me.

"This calls for party." Dr Kent announced as he pulled out a bottle of champagne which we had reserved for this very moment from the cellar.

I was very happy but little did I know that I was nothing but a guinea pig for this two who had lost their humanity and had dubious plans in their heads.

Dr Kent popped the champagne and poured it in three glass beakers, we only had that in our office.

"Cheers, this time we will sweep the Nobel prize, all of them. Imagine the possibilities."
 
Dr Blanc raised the toast. I was the one who took the first sip while they were conversing but I hardly remember what it was that they were talking about as I was enveloped in darkness, the next time I woke up I was tied to the chair. My hands and legs fastened and as slowly consciousness returned to me, I could put the puzzle together about what they were planning.

"What the hell is this? Untie me now." I ordered them to untie me but it fell to deaf ears.

"We don't have any other test subjects except you and that was the plan all along. And after you are the first immortal you will thank us for it." Dr Blanc said as he checked my pulses and injected me with an anesthetic to make me relax.

"Kent, you ready for this."

"Ofcourse Dr. Blanc" Kent said as he pushed the button on that machine, it started rumbling and soon that rumbling changed to a humming sound, they directed the laser pointer that guided the machine's waves to penetrate my body. For sometimes nothing happened, it felt like a huge fan was directed towards me, cold breeze flowing towards me but then in a few seconds I could feel the tremendous pain, it was like someone was holding me and violently throwing me to the ground, everything was becoming hazy.

"His body is vibrating now with the same frequency as machines vibrations, its working" Dr Blanc's voice was jubiliant and that was the last I heard of him.

Just as the vibrations began, slowly everything started fading, becoming dark as if someone was pouring ink in my eyes blackening everything around me, I couldn't even feel like my body except my eyes which saw only darkness. Darkness; which in the tiniest fraction of moments changed into complete whiteness, it wasn't the kind of whiteness of light, it was a different white a more ephemeral white but it felt like I was stuck in that tiny moment's white for ever.

There was nothing except a voice, there was no sound just a voice which spoke only inside my head.

"What do you do to a cancerous tumor?" it asked.

"What do you to to a cancerous tumor?" it asked again and again and again.

I could hold back no longer and I said. "Cut it" 

The voice stopped now.

"You shall cut the tumor down, immortality is cancer, you will grow but you will not die, you are cancerous, I don't want cancer on me." it said inside my head.

"Who are you?" I asked fearing the answer.

"I am all of you, all of universe." it answered.

"All the living beings are nothing but my extension, my appendages, my pseudopodia, which in your dimension you perceive as a living thing, as energy around you, as the ground that you stand on, it is through my movement through this trans dimensions does time flow, but if that flow is broken, then the whole of your living universe will collapse.  " it said.

"Kill yourself, kill the scientists, do not corrupt me. For if one of you also becomes an immortal, it will be like one of my leg stuck in between two rail tracks and you can't even imagine what horrors the train on that rail track can bring for you. Time will stop, if I can't move and you will not like to know what follows time, why it is always in such a hurry. What is that is chasing it?" it said.

And in a jolt I was in the lab back again, tied to the bed. I knew what I had to do and that I didn't wanted to do it but my body moved on its own. It convulsed ripping the belts which fastened me, how I gained so much energy or why I didn't feel the pain, I don't know. But as soon as my hands and legs were free my body lunged itself at Dr. Blanc holding his head in one hand and shoulder in other and in one swift motion, I could hear a cracking sound as he slumped to the ground. 
Dr Kent was next, he watched in horror as I lunged towards him next.

"Stop there, you have gone crazy." He said

But it was too late, I had his hand in my grip already and as I pulled it hard he flew to the nearby wall where he crashed and fell on the ground writhing in pain. I didnt wanted any part in it but my body just wouldnt listen to me. My arms picked up the champagne bottle and I hit him hard on his head, the bottle didnt break in the first try, the second one I hit even harder, the bottle shattered and also with it Dr Kent's skull. Still my arm wouldn't stop, not till the chips and pieces of broken glass were everywhere, in his head, in my hand and on the floor

I am writing this down to warn you people not to ever try to achieve immortality, may it serve as a warning to all of you who are in search for immortality. I will never let it happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was the piece of letter we found where renowned Dr Kent, Dr Blanc and Dr Scott were found dead. They were the leading doctors who had announced that they had reached a breakthrough that could change the course of human future.

Stay tuned with us for further developments in the case.
New Theory


THE END

© 2014 New Theory


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was at once profound, chilling and thoughtful at the same time. Villain versus villain always makes for a fun story. You were amazing at showing how the narrator became unhinged by his suffering and the way he justified his own actions so the reader almost believes he did the right thing. Clever and daring bit of work

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Speedy Hobbit. I tried to use the unreliable narrator technique here, where the reader is .. read more
SpeedyHobbit Armstrong

9 Years Ago

That's definitely fun (= Could even very well be something twisted to being the truth in his head!



Reviews

One of the awesome pieces I have ever read.. Quite nicely written.. I didn't feel bored at all!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Neeraj. It means a lot to me :)
Neeraj V Murali

9 Years Ago

Quite welcome.. You do have a nice style :)
This was at once profound, chilling and thoughtful at the same time. Villain versus villain always makes for a fun story. You were amazing at showing how the narrator became unhinged by his suffering and the way he justified his own actions so the reader almost believes he did the right thing. Clever and daring bit of work

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Speedy Hobbit. I tried to use the unreliable narrator technique here, where the reader is .. read more
SpeedyHobbit Armstrong

9 Years Ago

That's definitely fun (= Could even very well be something twisted to being the truth in his head!
interesting subject for the plot :) tbh, it always befuddled me why people even bother about trying to be an immortal. I mean, I get it, you'll never die and you'll have lots of power (if you're some super-villain hellbent to rule the world), but won't it come to a point where it becomes tiring and the thing that you're trying to perpetuate just becomes nothing but an empty void? Besides, except for the removal of the fear of death (which will be replaced by something even worse) what do we gain from immortality that we cannot get from being a mortal? Some of the things that immortal-wannabes want (mostly power, based from stories with people wanting to be immortal) could be acquired even with a mortal frame.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Mello for the review :) . I think people are afraid of what happens after death, t.. read more
Dude, that was interesting and intriguing at the same time! Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you Miles :).
Breathtaking story, I must say, really you've done well.

Although, personally, I'd find a voice telling us that we're insignificant as an insufficient reason for advocating against immortality.
A better reason is this: it's traumatizing. You'll grow cynical as you will have to watch your loved ones die one by one and you will, henceforth, fear intimacy as you begin to realize that every living thing dies eventually.
Another reason is that time becomes worthless. Our perceptions of time are skewed, as, for a toddler, a year is only 1/3 of his life, whereas for an elderly man, a year is 1/70 of his life. Time simply is perceived to go faster as you grow older, and it's very much possible that a year can fly on by like a week given that, if I were immortal, a year would be 1/10,000 of my life.
Not to mention what happens if time goes on anyways, the universe collapses in on itself (or the Milky Way collides with a nearby system, as is happening albeit slowly right now) and you will have to endure that and all the pressure involved, but you won't be able to (that's assuming you're still living).

Still, I will not stop anybody who refuses to heed the rational warnings of actual problems with immortality. If they want to become immortal, I say: let them. They'll soon become a husk of themself and regret every single thing they've done over the course of their existence.
Heck, I'd step to it if it were possible; at least, for a few centuries or so. I would very much like to see the politics of the future, the technology, whether we, as a species, will destroy ourselves or colonize the moon, possibly Mars (which are all likely events). It would actually be rather entertaining to gamble on who's right with other, fellow immortal peoples.

Also, regarding your beginning, not all humans believe we were somehow "created" to rule the Earth. If you'll look towards the scientists for opinions, we find the statement to be rather ridiculous considering ants have formed a world colony that spans multiple continents (Argentine Ants; another fact, we can't kill 'em with traditional poison. Spraying them with pesticides causes them to, somehow, breed faster), sharks have been around without changing significantly for 450 (more or less) million years (followed by the trees at 370; you heard it here! Sharks have been around longer than trees!), and that, for every uniquely "human" gene we have, there are four bacterial ones (we might have also stolen the chemical for happiness, dopamine, from them as well :P).
If anybody gets to rule the Earth, it's them.
Although the true ruler is adaptability.

This inspired many thoughts, Theory, I really enjoyed this.
Might I also say, your title; extravagant! I've always been aware of pseudopodium as a temporary means used by microscopic lifeforms to navigate and consume, but I've never associated it with the theory that a universe exists in every dust-sized life form that exists.
I rarely give ratings, but: 125/100!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Aha, I tend to ramble and spout about various other details and information that relates to the subj.. read more
New Theory

10 Years Ago

That was a extremely satisfying rant. I loved it like how do I define in words, was like tasting the.. read more
Tai Ryens

10 Years Ago

Conversations that sprout wondrous ideas are my favorite ones, they intrigue me so.
If it ment.. read more
Pretty good fiction. It held my interest. The universe as God though you know is only the largest material thing we can worship which is no more than any part of it, a stick, a cloud or a man for instance. Idolatry is just that. But I was so very entertained. Please write more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you for the review, I have to say I am influenced by Mr Lovecraft and therefore try to write s.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
UC Poika

10 Years Ago

You are very welcome. And, don't give up, the editing will be something you learn to enjoy eventual.. read more
"Human being is an arrogant species"
Suggestion-> "Human beings are an arrogant species"
"They are just too far much engrossed in their own "
Suggestion-> "They are just too engrossed in their own"
Ah, you get it. It needs some editing. But the story was AWESOME. Like a R.L. Stein short story only better.
One question, though,
Dr. Scott got rid of the doctors but wasn't it the machine that made him immortal? Shouldn't he have destroyed that too?
Anywho! Well done. ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Yes it needs a lot of editing, I just wrote and clicked on post. Thanks for the review. Yes, I shou.. read more
Bluefire

10 Years Ago

Yeah, or what if he mailed the diary to the news and then blew up the lab?
It's okay, everyone.. read more
New Theory

10 Years Ago

Hehehe true that Blue :) :) :)
Omg this is wonderful!! you have great knowledge about the evil planners in this world! It's always writers that remind people of the truth :) Well done on this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Mirna :).
Will read the next installment before I make any final comment. Thank you!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rachelle

10 Years Ago

In Defense of the Innocent Scientist:

Why must we endure
The stings of disapprob.. read more
Rachelle

10 Years Ago

And that, N.T., is my two-bits' worth.
New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you Science Lady :) :)
Amazing story keep up the great work and keep sending me more to read i love reading them you turn this into book

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I am glad you think this is worthy of making a book. :) :)
melissa

10 Years Ago

Your welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 14, 2014
Last Updated on April 14, 2014

Author

New Theory
New Theory

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
I am a lazy writer, a day dreamer with lots of ideas which take me to a different land often. I often just jot down ideas which I never really work upon. An avid fan of horror, I am one who you ca.. more..

Writing
Accidentally Accidentally

A Chapter by New Theory



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by New Theory