Broken Boundaries

Broken Boundaries

A Chapter by New Theory
"

Dr. Fence crosses over to the other universe. Stats is the machine which makes inter universe travel possible.

"
  Note for Readers : 
Suggested Reading:
1) Improbable Inappropraite
2) You remember Dr. Fence don't you.
This is a third part in the series, or just read as a standalone, no problems :) Enjoy,,,,, 

The alarm kept snoozing for a very long time. Dr. Fence had fallen asleep in his chair, leaning near the group of monitors which now only showed static. He woke and realized that he had never changed from his formal trousers and shirt since last evening. He had got so engrossed in his work that he almost forgot about everything else.

"Good morning, Dr. Fence" Stats said with a cold mechanical voice.

"Good morning. Stats." Fence said as he started taking off his clothes and placing them in the cleaning basket.

"Start execution Crossover." he ordered to Stats and grabbed the towel as he moved towards his bathroom.

"Affirmative. Processing.... Process 0 percent complete." the texts appeared on one of the monitors, along with a progress bar.

He opened the shower and let the water spring hit his body, as the water rolled down his shoulder, he had a lot of thing on his mind.

"Will it really work? Will I be able to really reach out to her? I can. What if I can't? Who cares? I care. This is the thing for which my whole life has come up to. I have worked hard for this. For being able to hold her just one last time. I will finally be able to cross over to their universe. But is it right? I shouldn't be doing it. No, no, no, now is not the time to back off. I will do it, I have made all the calculations, this will work."

The water kept running down and into the drainage hole spiraling into a small whirlpool. He stood there for a little while more until he gained his calm composure and determination to complete what he had started. The shower calmed his stiff muscles from sleeping in an uncomfortable position all night.

He came out of the shower and quickly finished all the day's chores like cooking his lunch, putting his clothes for laundry, cleaning his room.

After he was done, he dressed in a light grey shirt, cream color trousers, grabbed his favorite fruit "Apple", took a bite and moved over to his bedroom/ laboratory.

"Stats, Show Progress."

"Process 98 percent complete" 

"Good. Show me universe 98904B5 .Subject Betsy" he said again.

One of the monitors went static and after some time it started showing the video of Betsy and Dr. Fence. They were getting ready for their office.

"I have no class in afternoon. So I will be coming back home soon. Will cook your favorite." Betsy said while adjusting her dress gazing into the mirror at her reflection.

"You are my favorite dear." Dr. Fence said as he looked at her reflection from behind her.

"When will you behave like an adult? It's like you are still in college." Betsy said with a smile as she turned around towards Dr. Fence.

"Your love makes me young, darling." he said playfully as he came close and planted a small peck oh her lips.

She sighed and they both started to move out of their house together in their car.

"The other I is also a good romantic like me." Dr. Fence said to himself on this side of the monitor and smiled a little.

"No doubt he is there with her." he thought to himself.

"Process complete. Ready to transport now." Stats voiced echoed in the room and it brought a smile of content on Fence's face.

"Transport co-ordinates, check again." he said

"Transport co-ordinates. 100 % match." the cold voice repeated.

"OK, let's go then. Start transfer, set clock for 8 hours return back from now."  He said as he checked his clock which showed 9 A.M. . 

There was a loud buzzing noise and in almost a second it was like everything around changed almost instantaneously, he was standing in a closet. He knew he had succeeded. The closet was filled with her clothes, Betsy and her fragrance lingered in there. His senses were filled with a heavenly joy. He held on to one of her dresses and felt like she was there.

"This is so good." he thought to himself, tears of joy rolling down his eyes uncontrollably. He hugged the dress for a very long time and then he came out of the closet, he knew the house was empty and she would be back at 12:30. His other self would be in the university so he wouldn't come back till 5. He could meet her and go back by the time his other self came back.

He came out of the closet. Took the spare key and went out of the room, going over to the daily market, buying roses that she liked, roses were her favorite and some chocolate. He felt like he was meeting her for a date. He was pretty excited for her to return and he waited patiently in the cafe opposite to their house so he could see when she would come back. It was the longest wait of his life. He kept checking his watch, it was already 12:00 P.M.

"30 minutes to go." he said to himself. As the waitress came over to him.

"Planning a surprise for Misses Fence I see." she said.

"Yes dear, Susan." he said, he knew Susan was a waitress in the cafe in front of their house and sometimes when his other self and Betsy hanged there, she would make small talk and knew them well.

"How romantic, here she comes." Susan said pointing it out.

"Wish me luck." he said as his eyes sparkled with joy.

"I wish I could have someone who loved me like you love her." she said to Dr. Fence

He smiled and left her a  $100 bill as tip. Then slipped out of the place. 

Betsy was opening the door of their house when he reached behind her.

"Hello, Betsy" he whispered to her ears.

She turned around almost shocked and before she could say anything. He kissed her for a very long time, holding her tightly.

"I love you so much." he said.

"Woah, what happened??" she asked him.

"Here these are for you." he said to her as he handed over the roses and chocolate.

She looked at him puzzled at what had happened, blushing.
"What happened to you, what is special today?"

"You, you are special today Betsy baby." he said. He couldn't believe how even after so many years he was talking this way like they never were separated.

"Let's go in. You crazy old man." she said laughing as she turned around to open the door.

She opened it and both entered the room. He closed the door behind him and kissed her again on her forehead, tears again flowing down his cheek.

"Hey, baby, what happened? why are you crying?" she said.

"Nothing, I am just so happy, I am here." he said looking into her deep hazel eyes. "How I have missed them?" he thought to himself.

"So, you are happy for abandoning your students, when the exam times are near. So evil." she said to him.

"Hahaha"

"You are the best." he said to her, picking her up and carrying her to the drawing room.

"You seem to be in a very romantic mood today."

"Am I not always?" he asked.

"Yeah but this is different, its as if you want me more than ever today, your eyes say so." she said.

He wondered how she was able to read her mind even after so many years. She truly was his soul mate.

After that moment time went by as fast as a jet and in no time, it was 4. The alarm on his clock beeped and he knew it was time to go. She was lying by her side, resting on her shoulders.

He took out a capsule from his pocket and put it in the glass of water that was in the table in front of them. 

"Betsy, wake up." he said.

"I have to go."

"Go where." she asked still holding her arms and her head on his shoulders.

It was the hardest thing to do for Dr. Fence, but he knew what he had to do. 

"Here, have this glass of water and I will say." he said bringing the glass of water close to her lips making her drink it.

As soon as she took a sip, she went into a deep sleep, the capsule contained a drug that would erase her memory of the entire afternoon. She would never remember what happened when she would wake up. 

He placed her head on the sofa, gave her a kiss and walked out of the room, he fought hard his urge to stay but this was what he had to do. He had promised himself that he wouldn't do more than this. His goal was completed and he was ready now to go back. He went back to the closet and held on to her dress.

"Transport Back, Now." he said and by the time he was finished with the sentence, he was back to his own universe. The faint smell of her was all that came back with him.

"Shut down, stats" he ordered, his last command to the machine.

"Confirm shut down:  Y/N" The text blinked on in the monitor.

He stood there looking at the monitor for a long time and then he reached for the keyboard.

"Click"


© 2014 New Theory


Author's Note

New Theory
Again sorry for grammar, tell me how you liked the story. I leave it on the reader to decide what he clicked, was it Y or N.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a good first draft of a story. I enjoyed it. I felt it moved a bit fast and could use a little more detials (LIke I get you said he grabbed a towel and went to the bathroom, but then you said water went down his shoulders. Some people may not get he was in the shower and get confused.) Flesh out your sentences a bit. Use more sensory details and try not to use words like "very" and "Really" Just describe it. Great start. Try reading it out loud and see where you think it can improve.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Taylor_McCutcheon

9 Years Ago

No problem :) and I don't understand the question....
New Theory

9 Years Ago

What do you think he should press in the end, should it be the Y button or the N button, Y to keep t.. read more
Taylor_McCutcheon

9 Years Ago

Yea he should press N



Reviews

I was wondering what he would do about her memory of him. Nice job with the capsule.
I wonder what he does next?
Guess I'll have to read on!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Bluefire

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. ^^
This is story is really going well! There are errors throughout that are easy fixes. A quick proofreading will help with those. Don't be scared to describe environments, it helps your reader see and feel exactly what is going on. :)

~Stefanie

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Stefanie, I have started with editing my pieces now. Going back to all the stories and cha.. read more
Stefanie Holmes

9 Years Ago

You're welcome!
I like it! It's a good story line! Just needs a bit more detail and fleshing out, but you've got a great start! Great job and keep writing! (:

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you :). Its next part will be up any time today.
I am not really good in writing long reviews, but I really loved it :)
Please keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Amal :). Its good enough for me that you liked it. Thanks for dropping by :)
If I were him, I wouldn't be strong enough to click 'N'. You can work on the details, but it was a good read :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Saumya :).
saumya

9 Years Ago

you're welcome :)
I definitely like the idea, needs some fleshing out. The grammar I noticed is mostly little things like putting a period in a quotation followed by a non capital letter, or too short a sentence that could just be one sentence. Great job, keep going.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you KLGoode :)
Nicely done ... the communication is clipped and great ... and had me sailing off with Hal looking for Asimov. A great time travel ... separate universe ... themed story ... which sometimes comes to pass in our bountiful experience of the mind. The truth may be stranger than the sci-fic we sometimes imply. Keep at it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Dayran. I appreciate you spending time to read my story.
Please check out your PM.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thanks Science Lady for reading this :)
Rachelle

9 Years Ago

No worries!
Man, I wasn't expecting this turn of events. I thought he might do something selfish, but this shows that he really cares about her being happy and doesn't want to fulfill his own darker desires. It is defiantly a different way of coming to terms with something like this. Once again sir, you have amaze me with your writing. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

It's left on the reader which button he should press, if Y then the system will shutdown and he will.. read more
Miles W.

9 Years Ago

Very cool! Not many stories give readers that option! It allows the mind to think deeply about the .. read more
New Theory

9 Years Ago

:)............................
This is amazing story thank you for sharing your story keep up the great work

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Melissa :)
melissa

9 Years Ago

You're welcome

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

422 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2014
Last Updated on May 29, 2014


Author

New Theory
New Theory

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
I am a lazy writer, a day dreamer with lots of ideas which take me to a different land often. I often just jot down ideas which I never really work upon. An avid fan of horror, I am one who you ca.. more..

Writing
Accidentally Accidentally

A Chapter by New Theory



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..