Which is the dream??

Which is the dream??

A Story by New Theory
"

The stories of my dreams.

"
For as long as I can remember, I have been a lucid dreamer i.e. in my dreams I am aware that I am dreaming and hence to some extent my actions are under my own control. It's not like I can do super human stuff there but when there is a threat I am able to know that it is just a dream due to which nightmares are almost none for me. But last night I saw a dream or dreams which really shook me, its not like it was scary but because something happened which made me question if this, that is now is reality or am I still in a dream. When I woke up, I was shocked at what happened so I am going to let you know about the strange dreams I had last night.
I had two dreams last night, after the first dream, I woke up. It was an ordinary dream, but the next dream just after I slept again, made the earlier one extraordinary. So here it goes.
Dream - 1
The dream began this way, in the dream I was back in school and the scene was a posh club house with one of my friend and me crashing a wedding, there was a swimming pool around which several of the guests were relaxing. The moment I saw this, I had a vague feeling that it was a dream, I looked around to see the building which covered the pool from three sides and in the process noticed several brides maids. Among these brides maids was a girl who was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen, my eyes were glued to this girl in the pink dress looking like a single flower in a desert, at that time it was almost like time had stopped and everything else vanished except her in front of me at a distance, everywhere else, un-ending white.
I was only woken from that day dream in the dream by my friend who was tugging on my shirt.

"Rama, Rama, Dude we got to get out of here." he said frantically, still pulling on my sleeves.

"What happened dude? Chill !!!" I said, pulled away from the trance state.

"Hey, the girls from our class are here, if they recognize us, then we are fucked." he said with nervousness clearly showing on his face, if someone had seen us then, it wouldn't had taken longer before they would know that we were not welcome here.

In that moment, as if some of the memories were unlocked from deep inside my brain, as I returned my glance again at the group of girls, I could recognize them, note that in reality I don't know who they were but in the dream my brain instantly inscribed them into my thoughts as my class mates, dragging me more into the illusion of it being real, of them being real. So, this time around upon seeing the beautiful girl's face, only one word came out of my mouth.

"Neer." (I don't even know any one by that name, I don't even know what that means.)

It was as if no one heard my voice, except her in this crowd, even when she was  a little behind the girl in red dress, and a gathering of few gentlemen who were talking about something I have no idea. Maybe they were talking about the wedding or business, I don't care. But my voice which was heard by her made her smile and she walked straight past beside the girl in red, past the group of men who tried to hold up a conversation with her, which she handled so well, talking with them while stealing a glance at me occasionally.

I was free to just walk away from there but some how that small glances worked like shackles for me binding me there in the ground. After a short conversation, she bid permission from them and now her whole attention was on me. Gracefully walking towards me in a pink dress, my stomach had butterflies in panic, and my eyes trying to capture more of the light from her persona. She came and stood before me, her smile being almost hypnotically that whole herd of mad elephants would stop in their path and calm down by her beauty. She exuded such charm that I was completely clueless as what to say.

"Hey Rama, What are you doing here?" she said moving her hair away from her face.

"I ...umm" had no idea what to speak.

"Rama and I are here for the party." my friend replied in a shaky voice which made it even more clear that he was lying.

She laughed and then she called out loud. "Alice, Ashley, come over."

From a little distance two girls in pink colored dresses came out almost running towards.

"Please, don't tell anyone about this. It was all Rama's idea." he said in an instant.

It made her laugh even more. "So you guys are crashing the party." she was almost gaping for breathe. While the other girls reached. They started talking among themselves, laughing shyly while looking at us.

"We will not tell any one about this." Neer turned around and announced.

"Thank God. I will do anything you say." my friend replied taking a sigh.

They laughed a little more, and mean while all I could do was looking at her speak, her mouth moving, I don't know what is it with me. It was as if a romantic movie started playing in my head to which I was the hero and she was my love. Everything was going on in slow motion for me, her laugh, her talk everything was magical to me. I could barely make out what talking about, but I could see the slight movement of her eyes towards me, maybe she was blushing, there was this slight mischievous smile on her face and it made me breathless.

"Hello, Mr Planner." she was waving her hands before me.

I came out of that day dreaming and was embarrassed for a little moment. By that time, my friend was already talking with the other two girls, leaving me alone with her. Normally I would be very angry on him for abandoning me like this, but not this day. Today I couldn't had been more happier.

"Hello, Mr Planner."  she repeated.

I smiled at her.

"So, this was your plan???" she asked.

"Umm, actually." I was about to say something, but she interrupted me.

"What actually?? Now, that I have caught you, you will have to pay the price." she said, a sly smile on her face.

I just shrugged at her moving my brows a little up wards signifying that I was speechless, no words coming out of my mouth. 

She looked at me and with the smile still glued to her beautiful face she turned around and started walking. I just stood there and watched her, after a few steps, she stopped and looked behind.

"Are you gonna stand there whole day??" she asked.

"No, no I am sorry." I said hurriedly as voice seemed to return to me. 

I ran upto her as she started walking, upon reaching her side, I glanced all around to see if I was being noticed. Every one was busy talking with someone else, no one cared to see me. I was relieved. Sometimes we think, we are the center of everyone's attention but it isn't so. No one looks at us, yet we are always conscious that someone might be looking and judging us.

As I reached her side, that same sly smile came to her face, as if she was trying to control her delightful laughter.

"So, you do this often?" she asked.

"Do, what? Ohh, crash parties." there was a guilty smile on my face.

"Sometimes, yeah." I continued.

She smiled and continued walking towards the stairs. I followed.

"It must be fun." she asked as she looked straight into my eyes and again I had this amazing feeling of butterflies fluttering in my stomach, heart beat getting faster.

"Yes, but if we get caught we will be trashed black and blue." I said.

She laughed a little, as the stairs came to an end, we were on the rooftop balcony.

"Shall we sit there, around that corner." She asked, pointing to the opposite direction from the pool.

"OK." I said as I walked a little faster towards the corner, sitting there, she following me and slowly seating beside me. There was such grace in her walk and the way she carried herself, that each time I looked at her I was getting blown away. She was just like any other girl but the way she carried herself, the way she talked and her voice was what made the difference. When she was sitting beside me, that's when I noticed her eyes, another hypnotic instrument in her arsenal. She kept her hand on my shoulders as she slowly bent down to sit. Her palms were soft and felt like feather.

"I never expected you to be this way, crashing into parties and all, I thought you were a very quiet and shy, I haven't seen you talk often in class. I always thought you were the shy nerdy guy of the class." she said, adjusting her dress.

"Yeah, I am sorta quiet. Maybe." I muttered out some words.

"You are not the saint I expected you were." she said again with that sly smile  of hers.

"I guess, I am not." I said as I turned and looked her directly in her eyes.

She blushed a little, turned aside and looked towards the horizon.

I kept looking at her during all this time, for sometime we both were quiet, I guess we both were out of words to talk any more.

"What happened?" she said slowly, so slowly that if there was anyone else they would had never guessed what she was saying.

"You look very beautiful." the words jumped out of me.

She blushed and smiled again, but said nothing for a very long time. I was looking at her in disbelief of the current situation.

"Thanks" she said after a long time.

"You know we should talk often." she said.

"Talk, what?" I asked.

"You know, .... stuff" she said.

I smiled, as I looked towards the horizon.

"I don't know what to talk, I actually never thought you would ever talk to me." I said.

And as I turned towards her, she had come too close to me, close enough for her breath to hit my lips, her eyes closed.

Usually in most of my dreams, this is the time, I wake up wondering if I could had stayed a little longer but today, my lips touched her, her soft lips, it was the most tender things my lips had ever touched, sweet, tender lips. I kissed her for a very long time. By this time, the dream had become a reality for me. She loved me and I loved her at that moment, I want to spend all of eternity with her, I knew she was the one, the one they call your soul mate. She was the one. There is no one ever who had made me feel that way, that kiss was the best I ever had. 

The moment the kiss was over, I was still in that beautiful stupor when I was jolted by my friends voice, who was calling for me to get out of there.

"Dude they are coming for you, run." He shouted as he was out of the compound. In a hurry I climbed down the opposite side of the building towards the road away from the main entrance.

"I love you." she shouted.

"Meet me tomorrow after class." she continued.

The climb down the stairs was difficult but there was a huge smile on my face.

"I will pick you after school." I said as I made my way down. 

Upon reaching down, she still stood there, watching me, from that way down also I could make the smile in her face and her excitement and love.

"Why didn't you say it to me, earlier??" I asked, shouting from the bottom of the building, while my friend was asking me to follow him.

"Never got a chance." she replied back.

"See you tomorrow." I said as I ran from there giving her a flying kiss.

While I turned and ran back, I was the happiest that I was ever in my life.

After running for a long distance, we were sure that they would no longer be chasing us, when we stopped to look back, to see no one there.

"She loves you!!!!" he was surprised.

"I guess she does." I answered with a big smile on my face.

"So, what's next?" he asked.

"I am going to meet Neer tomorrow." I replied.

And with that word, my dream came to an abrupt end, I woke up realizing it was all a dream, I laughed at myself for sometime thinking about the wonderful dream and how it would had been if it was true. I got up from the bed and checked the time, it was 6:30 A.M., I had to wake up at 7:00 A.M. so I decided to get some more sleep but I was a little thirsty so I woke up from the bed and  got some water to drink. After drinking water, I came back to bed and again fell to sleep. Again another dream began.

Dream - 2
This dream was sometime in my future, I was older in the dream in my late thirties, in actual I am in my twenties. So, while the earlier dream was in my past, this was in my future. I was in an airport, waiting for my flight. After waiting for around an hour, there was an announcement stating that the flight was delayed for another four hours. I was frustrated by it, so I decided to go out for sometime and come back after some time. The moment I got up from my seat, I bumped into a lady, when she was falling, I caught her hand and prevented the fall. The moment I saw her face, it was the biggest shock of my life. It was Neer, 20 years from when I had seen her last at the party, the memory from her hit me like a bolt of lightening. She had aged 20 years in the dream, I could see that she was not the same girl but a woman now.

Even her gaze met mine and in no time, a serious expression came to her face.

"Rama????" she was as shocked as I was.

"Where were you all this years? You know I waited." she said and this was the last I heard of her.

I woke up from the dream, drenched in sweat and visibly shocked, my heart beating faster with fear.

What just happened I asked to my self as I checked the clock again, it was just 6:45 A.M. How did this much time go when I waited an hour in my dream?

I sat in my bed for sometime as many questions came to my mind then.

"Who was Neer? I had never seen her in real life, yet I saw her in my dreams."
"How come the dream continued this way, with a gap of 20 years, between two dreams? It was so real."
"Did my waking here, was equivalent to 20 years passing by in my dreamland? Was that another reality and this is a dream?"
"How could I remember Neer in my second dream?"

These questions will haunt me forever, but the biggest mystery will be why did I not meet Neer the next day and met her after 20 years. What could had happened if we would had met?

© 2014 New Theory


Author's Note

New Theory
All suggestions welcome and tell me if it was strange or does any one has dreams like these apart from me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You do a spectacular job of portraying your dreamscape in the original atmosphere you experienced it in, what with the spectacular atmosphere and the cloudy environment with focus on certain and particular aspects. It's very thought provoking and I must say, Neer seems to be an unconscious longing for something. Try to recall what she was: her personality could indicate your missing for someone with similar personality traits. Perhaps something on her attire could pinpoint something you miss? Does somebody you know wear the same necklace/bracelet/hair tie as her?

Or maybe it could boil down to the plain simplest of everything: Neer is the embodiment of everything you currently desire in a significant other, and her role in your dream is your longing for somebody like her to be in your life, for dreams are often representations for what we truly desire or what inhabits our minds due to the surrounding environment we currently inhabit. Perhaps it could even be a calling of some sorts, of your emotions towards somebody already living.

Regardless, this truly was an enticing read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Tai for the great review and analysis. I guess it could be that way, a longing for someone.. read more



Reviews

this was truly a wonderful read! really pulled me into it :) and i never actually remember my dreams very well haha, but if that happens to you than damn! some serious psychological explanation has to be made!! i've always been interested in that kind of stuff :)
thanks for the post! xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mirna

9 Years Ago

you're so lucky that you get to do this! i wish i can remember my dreams and write them haha!
.. read more
New Theory

9 Years Ago

The problem with my dreams is I think they are amazing but to others it doesnot. I have experienced .. read more
Mirna

9 Years Ago

if your dreams are that interesting then it means you have a great imagination! i think dreams repre.. read more
You do a spectacular job of portraying your dreamscape in the original atmosphere you experienced it in, what with the spectacular atmosphere and the cloudy environment with focus on certain and particular aspects. It's very thought provoking and I must say, Neer seems to be an unconscious longing for something. Try to recall what she was: her personality could indicate your missing for someone with similar personality traits. Perhaps something on her attire could pinpoint something you miss? Does somebody you know wear the same necklace/bracelet/hair tie as her?

Or maybe it could boil down to the plain simplest of everything: Neer is the embodiment of everything you currently desire in a significant other, and her role in your dream is your longing for somebody like her to be in your life, for dreams are often representations for what we truly desire or what inhabits our minds due to the surrounding environment we currently inhabit. Perhaps it could even be a calling of some sorts, of your emotions towards somebody already living.

Regardless, this truly was an enticing read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Tai for the great review and analysis. I guess it could be that way, a longing for someone.. read more
The thoughts are intriguing. Although I understand the reason for it, I would recommend breaking up some of the run on sentences into more manageable chunks. You can still have that feel of thoughts running into one another without overly complicated sentences without pauses.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you KLGoode. I will keep that in consideration :)
I have lucid dreams too. There are two types of lucid dreams : one is where you realise that you are dreaming, or in a dream, if you like - the other is where the dream is where you may not realise you're dreaming but the dream is quite vivid.
It's also easier to remember lucid dreams too.

There are certain crystals/tumbled stones/gemstones that help to facilitate lucid dreaming : blue tiger eye, and danburite are just a couple of them.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

I didn't know about stones assisting in lucid dreaming, but in most of my dreams I know I am dreamin.. read more
Fire Mage Andrea

9 Years Ago

there are also some plants that are said to help as well - Mugwort, Valerian Root, among others
read more
Very interesting and thought provoking. I got a sort of sense similar to the Chronicles of Narnia with time being different in each plane of existence. It was very interesting to read and think about. Maybe Rama should get Leanardo DeCaprio to help him understand dreaming. XD But seriously, well done sir!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Lol, thanks Miles :) . Leo will do inception with Rama's dreams.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2014
Last Updated on July 28, 2014
Tags: Dream, Love Story, Strange, Fiction, Awesome

Author

New Theory
New Theory

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
I am a lazy writer, a day dreamer with lots of ideas which take me to a different land often. I often just jot down ideas which I never really work upon. An avid fan of horror, I am one who you ca.. more..

Writing
Accidentally Accidentally

A Chapter by New Theory



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Waiting Waiting

A Poem by New Theory