Agnee -  Origins

Agnee - Origins

A Story by New Theory
"

A stand alone origin story of maybe a superhero or anti hero named Agnee.

"
My mother asked me to control my anger and for a long time, I did. As I walked through those filthy streets filled with greed, betrayal, poverty, hunger and every other evils known to man. I walked past those eyes which stared deep into me and breathed fire through their eyes. So much fire, I feared I would succumb to their hatred, I feared I would become one of them, I remember vividly the day when that lady in red dress had asked me for help.

"Help me, please." She begged me.

I didn't help her,  as she tried to grab my coat, it wasn't my business. 

"Why should I help her?" I thought to myself.

She tagged along for some distance, hoping that I would change my mind, that I would help her, but I just kept walking, burying that lump in my throat which boiled down to a silent scream in my chest.

"I should had helped her." I told my mother over the dinner.

"Please don't start that all over again."

"I am sorry." I ended it at that and continued eating.

Her voice however echoed down the inner most corners of my soul. The haunting image of her lingered in my thoughts, even now the image of her standing there as the goons approached her linger before my eyes. I remember what she said, she wasn't exactly angry at the goons but all her fury was directed at me.

"You shall burn as I do today. You shall burn forever for this." It brought tears to her eyes. I wonder what made her say so? Why was she angry on me, I wasn't the one who was trying to steal from her or hurt her. All I was doing was being careful and minding my own business.

Her screams were all I could hear even when I ran away from there, that event didn't leave me it was etched in me forever. They say the judgement of the lord is swift. I witnessed it first hand on that dastardly night as all of the hate that women had, rained hell fire upon my life.

I had just finished my dinner and headed straight to sleep, escape that troubled reality. But reality wasn't done with me. I was woken only at the middle of the night, the air smelled pungent and it burnt my throat. I opened my eyes to see my room enveloped in a fog of smoke.

"Fire!!!" the first of the two things that came to my mind and the very next moment "Mother".

I rushed towards her room, I was close enough to her door of her room, when the cooking cylinder exploded, engulfing both the kitchen and the room next to it in a huge blaze of fire and jolting me across the window, as the whole house was engulfed in bright yellow flames.

As I lay there shell shocked due to the explosion, I saw no one coming for my help, no one among the hordes that had surrounded the burning house. Enjoying the show, enjoying the bonfire, and then only a single echoed in my head. A single shrill voice that cut deep to my soul.

"You shall burn forever for this."

I understood now, what she meant. Why she was angry on me? I was the one lacking compassion, lacking the sight to see the pain that she was in. It was the insensitivity to her pain that angered her. She could be saved. She really could had been saved. But it was my inadequacies that let her die, let her life go away in vain.

There was commotion all over but it all faded just like the fire which went down due to the rain. It cooled every thing down except that which boiled deep down within me. As I lay there, clinging to my life. An anger like never before overcame me, all the anger from all those years came creeping into me and pouring outwards, like the final eruption of a volcano that had waited just too long. 

"I shall incinerate everything. I will become come Agni".

© 2014 New Theory


Author's Note

New Theory
Please tell me how you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Consider adding more physical description, such as when he is walking down the street and refuses to help her. What time of day was it? What area of town: downtown, suburbs, slums? How was she dressed? Were there any clues what distressed her? Was the area well-lit, littered, noisy, silent?

I like origin stories, especially those of anti-heroes. I hope you add to this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the encouraging words Rose, I am on it :).



Reviews

Consider adding more physical description, such as when he is walking down the street and refuses to help her. What time of day was it? What area of town: downtown, suburbs, slums? How was she dressed? Were there any clues what distressed her? Was the area well-lit, littered, noisy, silent?

I like origin stories, especially those of anti-heroes. I hope you add to this.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thanks for the encouraging words Rose, I am on it :).
Have I read this before?
Hope you turn this into a manga, NT!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

I don't know, you may have. :) :). I might have shared with you.
Rachelle

9 Years Ago

Start of a graphic novel, NT! Pursue it!!!
A very cool origin story! I could see this character starting as an anti-hero trying to just burn things away, then turning to a true hero when the best way for peace is revealed. A very good story. Well done sir!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

New Theory

9 Years Ago

Thank you Miles :) Happy New Year :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

379 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 31, 2014
Last Updated on December 31, 2014
Tags: SuperHero, Origin, Comics, Indian, Anti Hero, Tragedy, Noir

Author

New Theory
New Theory

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India



About
I am a lazy writer, a day dreamer with lots of ideas which take me to a different land often. I often just jot down ideas which I never really work upon. An avid fan of horror, I am one who you ca.. more..

Writing
Accidentally Accidentally

A Chapter by New Theory