Indian Maulana Salman Nadwi Congratulates Abu Bakr Baghdadi, Accepts Him As Caliph Of Muslims, Write

Indian Maulana Salman Nadwi Congratulates Abu Bakr Baghdadi, Accepts Him As Caliph Of Muslims, Write

A Story by New Age Islam
"

ected Sir (Aali Janab), I had been keeping abreast of news about the Islamic State for a long time and was very e excited about it. Earlier, I kept myself aware of the jihad of Islamic organisations i

"

In our previous editorial, we had expressed our sense of relief that Abu Bakr Baghdadi’s caliphate has been accepted by only terrorist organisations in Pakistan, Nigeria and Syria and the religious scholars of the world, especially the Egyptian Islamic scholar and mufti Yousuf Al Qaradhawi had rejected Abu Bakr’s claim to be the caliph of the Muslims of the world as null and void and un-Islamic. But to our utter shock, we have come to know through a news report published in the front page of Urdu daily Aag of Lucknow with a banner headline saying that one of the renowned Islamic scholars and great grandson of Maulana Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi has congratulated Abu Bakr Baghdadi on being appointed as the caliph of Muslims and has prayed for his well being and safety. In a letter written to Baghdadi which is available on What’s App, he has showered praises on his valour and religious zeal with which he has taught a lesson to the tyrant ruler Nuri Al Maliki. In his two page letter, Maulana Salman Nadvi has addressed Abu Bakr Baghdadi as Ameerul Momineen and has praised Abu Bakr Baghdadi for establishing the much desired Islamic Caliphate. The newspaper reminds us in a second banner headline that It's the same Baghdadi who has asked Indian Muslims to fight against their own country.

The content of the letter is roughly reproduced below:

“Respected Sir (Aali Janab), I had been keeping abreast of news about the Islamic State for a long time and was very e excited about it. Earlier, I kept myself aware of the jihad of Islamic organisations in Afghanistan which was in fact against Russia. Then there was the American attack on Iraq. I am also aware that in Syria, the differences between Al Nusrah and the Islamic State have intensified. Moreover, differences among the organisations that were fighting in Syria were a bad omen for us. However, during the same time, we heard the good news that you have captured Mosul in Iraq and have attained victory over the tyrant Maliki. At present, Maliki is very aggressive and has left no stone unturned in spreading religious strife. This mischief is serious and the one who is spreading it is a great tyrant.”

Maulana Salman Nadvi refers to Baghdadi’s first speech and further writes:

“I have listened to you very with attention though I have not seen you. But I have listened to one who has been appointed as your representative. You are bravely standing as a rock and have embarked on a path which is filled with thorns and stones. I listened to your speech which you delivered two days ago on Friday in Ramadhan in the Jama Masjid of Mosul. We are aware that all the Sunni tribes are with you. Apart from them, the Jihadi organisations do not want to fight against you. All have accepted whatever role you are playing and have accepted you as Ameerul Momineen.

I would also like to say that justice should be delivered and oppression should be done away with. All the groups should be seen on one platform. I wish that the Islamic State turns into an Islamic Caliphate. Followers of one religion should not target the followers of another religion. Shias and Sunnis should not be killed. Followers of all religions should be given justice. No one should be killed without justification except when it is permissible, that is those who fight against God and his Prophet pbuh and spread mischief. The killing of women, the old and children is not permissible in any circumstances except when their crime is proved and the sentence is pronounced by God fearing Quazis.”

Maulana Salman Nadwi says that he put his letter on What’s App because he did not know the official address of his Ameerul Momineen.

It should be noted that Maulana Salman Nadvi is a senior teacher in the famous Islamic seminary Nadwatul Ulema, Saharanpur. His letter is in sharp disagreement with the renowned Egyptian scholar Allama Yousuf Al Qaradawi’s opinion who has said that the ISIS caliphate is in violation of Shariah. So far Indian Ulema had been dissociating themselves from Jihadi and terrorist organisations and had openly condemned any violence in the name of religion. But Maulana Salman Nadwi’s brazen support to the ISIS is a reflection of a sharp turnaround in the attitude and approach of madrasa circle in India towards the ISIS and other militant outfits. In his letter, he says, “All the groups should be seen on one platform.” It may mean that Al Nusrah, Al Qaida, Taliban, Boko Haram, Al Shabab etc should come on one platform. It will be okay for him and he does not see all these organisations as terrorist organisations, rather organisations that are fighting to achieve one goal: Islamic Caliphate. This attitude is dangerous.

The Shia scholars of Lucknow have reportedly protested Maulana Salman Nadwi’s praise for Abu Bakr Baghdadi and said that the support to one who is a killer of innocent people cannot be justified. Maulana Kalb-e-Jawwad Naqwi said that the map of ISIS shows a large part of Kashmir and Gujarat. The ISIS has appealed to the Muslims of India to wage a jihad in Kashmir and Gujarat. So those who want to spread bloodshed and anarchy in our country cannot be supported. He demanded that the letter sent to Abu Bakr Baghdadi should be investigated. Maulana Abul Irfan Firangi Mahli said that first if should be decided who can be the caliph of Muslims and what his objective should be. Only one following God and the Prophet pbuh can be a caliph of Muslims. “How can one who is a killer of innocent Muslims, women and children be a caliph of Muslims?” He asked.

© 2018 New Age Islam


Author's Note

New Age Islam
The Authopr has been write in the field of Preventing Radicalisation of Muslims & Islam and Islamism

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on December 23, 2018
Last Updated on December 23, 2018
Tags: Islamist Extremism, Salafi Islam